Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gears Of War 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

http://www.holyfragger.com/xbox_360/other_shooter/gears_of_war_3/pictures/?i=9144
    Look at the screenshots it just looks amazing
    I think this looks better than anything on anything on any console at the moment this might even top crysis 2 :D
    I cant wait

Better shots on this site

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

as long as they dont change the gameplay and have a good plot I am very happy with the way its turning out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

Can't decide whether I want Carmine the 3rd to live or die....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

Carmine must die.........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭maddymcmaddser

So does anyone know if there's going to be a midnight launch anywhere for Gears of War 3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

There's a distinct lack of interest in gears 3 around boards - if i was only getting one more game in the remaining life of my xbox, gears 3 would be it

i 've not heard much about midnight launches, mine copy is pre-ordered so hopefully it arrives the Tuesday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Gears 3 is doing a season pass. 2400 Microsoft Points for 4 DLCs, saving you a minimum of 33%. First one is out in November

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Healium wrote: »
    Gears 3 is doing a season pass. 2400 Microsoft Points for 4 DLCs, saving you a minimum of 33%. First one is out in November
    Source?

Is this like the rockstar pass, only that price for a limited time?

Not a huge fan of Gears of War MP but always enjoy the single player so Ill definitely pick it up.

Anyone know where it will be cheapest to buy?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

This is yet another in a slew of console game series that I really don't understand what all the fuss is about. I thought the first one was appallingly bad (note - when your player character takes up 1/3 of the screen and you can't see what you're meant to be shooting, this is not a good thing). The second I borrowed from a friend and actually found it reasonably enjoyable in Single Player (mostly because I could finally see what I was meant to be shooting at), but no more than Halo, it was a mediocre game that because is XBox only, gets insane hype from MS and the fanbois and simply doesn't deserve this somewhat god-like status it seems to have (I would say the same of Killzone and maybe even Uncharted on the PS3 - haven't played enough Uncharted to say that with certainty though to be fair).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Shiminay wrote: »
    This is yet another in a slew of console game series that I really don't understand what all the fuss is about. I thought the first one was appallingly bad (note - when your player character takes up 1/3 of the screen and you can't see what you're meant to be shooting, this is not a good thing). The second I borrowed from a friend and actually found it reasonably enjoyable in Single Player (mostly because I could finally see what I was meant to be shooting at), but no more than Halo, it was a mediocre game that because is XBox only, gets insane hype from MS and the fanbois and simply doesn't deserve this somewhat god-like status it seems to have (I would say the same of Killzone and maybe even Uncharted on the PS3 - haven't played enough Uncharted to say that with certainty though to be fair).

Personally, I also think they're pretty over-hyped because they're 360-exclusive, though I do think both were really good games with some fantastic cinematic set-pieces. Bit repetitive and there's only so many underground caves I can handle before getting bored, but enjoyable games. Never played multi-player though.

I much prefer my character taking up 1/3 of the screen than FPS games, but that's another topic for another day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Totally agree. First one bored me to death. The second one lasted an hour before I returned it. I simply don't see the fuss about these games. I've played far better third person shooters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 greg31

E3 Screenshot looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I think its ball crushingly awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Thanks god I had beta for gow3! Now I wont waste 55 quid!!!

All I cam remember: everyone using shotguns. Barrel role bananza after.

Cover you say? Cover is a real idiots and noobs friend.

It has a great idea with cover system, but it ends up in bin thanks to all cod breed theses days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Thanks god I had beta for gow3! Now I wont waste 55 quid!!!

All I cam remember: everyone using shotguns. Barrel role bananza after.

Cover you say? Cover is a real idiots and noobs friend.

It has a great idea with cover system, but it ends up in bin thanks to all cod breed theses days.

Does it play like 2 so ya? Shotgun is the king. Was hoping that they would stray from that tbh.

CptMackey wrote: »
    Does it play like 2 so ya? Shotgun is the king. Was hoping that they would stray from that tbh.

No, it doesn't. Retro Lancer tears apart those kinds of players at mid-range. Shotgun is obviously still powerful, but it's your own fault for letting an enemy get in your face. There's also a neat new trick, where you knock back and stun an enemy if they're hiding behind a wall and you jump over it. The beta was fairly well balanced. Some people just didn't spend the time adjusting to a new Lancer play style. Still, getting a triple kill with the sawn-off shotty is frickin' EPIC

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭maddymcmaddser

I never really played the MP in gears, myself and my brother have played through both games on co-op and enjoyed them and we'll do the same with this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

gears is everything i want in a game. its aggressive and violent, solid story line with cool continuity for the styling, larger than life characters(i love bodybuilding and so does the lead concept artist and it shows!), impaling people on lancers(new to GoW3 but was a fave attack on legacy of kain)curb stomps,beat downs,freak mutants and generally manliness, gritty as ****. Not like COD and such which makes combat look so clean cut it could be a Gillette advert. I also love that Gears punished me online for weeks before I got good enough to keep up with the better players in public. COD style players hate this game, thats why I love it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

didnt play the beta but not so pushed about the MP, Gears is a single player game to me first and MP second, like Uncharted. looking forward to it, been playing the first two through again on easy just to fly through them. still really enjoyable in places, less cave areas this time though, more cityscapes. Isnt this one set on a ship or something?

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    didnt play the beta but not so pushed about the MP, Gears is a single player game to me first and MP second, like Uncharted. looking forward to it, been playing the first two through again on easy just to fly through them. still really enjoyable in places, less cave areas this time though, more cityscapes. Isnt this one set on a ship or something?

I have to say, the beta would have converted you to MP. I've probably played less than 50 MP games of Gears 1 and 2 combined. Spent a month straight obsessed with the Gears 3 beta. It's really going to be fantastic :D I just hope the dedicated servers are good. When they went down during the beta, I had the same issues as Gears 2 where I could only find games with bots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭HUNK

Always been a fan of GOW. I'm just hoping however that GOW3 doesn't start out with the same MP bugs GOW2 did (:|)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Whats happening man

The Beta was excellent so am going to buy Gears 3 not long to go now.

HUNK wrote: »
    Always been a fan of GOW. I'm just hoping however that GOW3 doesn't start out with the same MP bugs GOW2 did (:|)

Gow 2 was such a slow game compared to Gears 3 and lot less fun as well. I think they have sorted out lot the of glitches and bugs before September 20-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Really enjoyed the beta, the only problem was pushing the enemy team into their spawn and destroying them with all the power weapons

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Enjoyed the beta too myself I must say, I think all the 'but the shotgun's too overpowered' comments came from people who picked it up and assumed from the get go it was like Gears 2 MP where the shotgun was the only weapon to use and so never gave anything else a chance. Overall the MP is way more balanced, personally I sucked at Gears 2, never did quite master the shotgun but I'm far far better at this one, even with the shotty. As other people have pointed out, if you see the barrel rolling shotgunners coming for you the retro lancer cuts them in half in seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

:pac:

I enjoy the SP, it's bog standard, nothing great about it but not crap either. It's mainly the multi-player I play it for. With a group of mates, it's a great laugh! The series has gotten better and better with each game, and having played the beta and assuming they haven't fooked up the SP, the third is gonna be the best yet.

IMO, it's by far the best exclusive game on the Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Dont give a damn about the MP personnaly, just gonna play through the campaign to see how over the top the story can get (dunno if it can beat the high point of "giant worm eating cities"). Then gonna go build a house in Horde mode and live there, love that mode and Beast mode looks just as good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Any news if waterford gamestop are opening at midnight for this ?

• Advertisement

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    Really enjoyed the beta, the only problem was pushing the enemy team into their spawn and destroying them with all the power weapons

That will be fixed according to Epic, spawn will be more balanced in the retail version.

Advertisement