Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gears Of War 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Whats happening man

Any news if waterford gamestop are opening at midnight for this ?

Why bother lol thats around sleep time.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Why bother lol thats around sleep time.

if you're 12 yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Cant wait for thsi game to arrive, for me its a lot better than Halo i know that may be shocking to some people, im not even big into my games there only certain games that get me worked up. My xbox has been sitting in a bag for almost a year but itll be getting taken back out for this first and foremost and Driver and Saints Row 3. Cant wait for this to come.

krudler wrote: »
    if you're 12 yeah

I guess lol.

Cant wait for thsi game to arrive, for me its a lot better than Halo i know that may be shocking to some people, im not even big into my games there only certain games that get me worked up. My xbox has been sitting in a bag for almost a year but itll be getting taken back out for this first and foremost and Driver and Saints Row 3. Cant wait for this to come.

I haven't played my X 360 in many months, but recently began to take it up again, i guess looking forward to this game maybe got me interested again. I too can not wait anymore hurry up the 20th.

Just a shout to anyone really,if you want someone to play with let us know. I am a pretty decent player non of my friends play X box live, so always on the look out for players who live in Ireland to play with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

May 20th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Fransiso wrote: »
    When will this game be out?

Sept 20th of this year, so in two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

CORaven is a habitual liar I'm afraid, the real date is 20th of may so just forget all about it until then. It's long to wait anyway right? Right? :D

I think I'd cry if I had to wait any longer. I have the elite edition on pre order and already have a space for Marcus atop my lofty pc case. Huh mm mm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭BARRETT.50BMG

Does anyone have one? I will pay cash money! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Game is not out yet. You probably can still pre-order special edition tomorrow.

• Advertisement

According to most websites its sold out! I mean a spare . . . . . . . Would really like one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

It was available on GameStop.ie when I last checked 2 days ago

No debit card! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

you'll be able to get one on ebay once its released, use a 3v card if u dont have a credit card

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Irish Warri0r

I heard a few xtra visions and gamestops will be open at midnight for this,does anybody know which ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

castlebar is mate, i'll see ya there.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Irish Warri0r

Great thanks for the quick reply! see ya there so cant wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 noobacus

Anyone know if gamestop are going to do a cheap sale for a few hours like they did with deus ex?

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Got a text message from gamestop that i can collect my game on the 19th :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Notorioux wrote: »
    Got a text message from gamestop that i can collect my game on the 19th :D

Pray tell how??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Razleavy

By Monday 19th I take it he means midnight release! At least that's what my text said :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Gamestop in Tallaght will be opened at midnight, they are also doing the deal were you can trade in 3 games from a list and pay 3 euro to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭FreezeUp

I've never understood the midnight launch business - surely you guys will be playing it tired once home? Or do you sleep for a few hours before hand and treat it as a night shift : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 noobacus

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    Gamestop in Tallaght will be opened at midnight, they are also doing the deal were you can trade in 3 games from a list and pay 3 euro to get it.

Are all gamestops doing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

FreezeUp wrote: »
    I've never understood the midnight launch business - surely you guys will be playing it tired once home? Or do you sleep for a few hours before hand and treat it as a night shift : )

People's fevor for the game + energy drinks can be quite the combination. :DI used to work odd shifts in work and if i still did i would defo go to a midnight launch

• Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

FreezeUp wrote: »

I've 3 1/2 weeks booked off for MW3, 1 day of which is off the day before the midnight launch. I will be staying up as late as possible (probably playing MW2) and get up as late as possible on pre-launch day, so i can stay awake as long as possible to play MW3 after midnight. Possibly going to play into the following night... I've every intention of finishing the campaign and getting a few levels on MP before going to be anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I've 3 1/2 weeks booked off for MW3, 1 day of which is off the day before the midnight launch. I will be staying up as late as possible (probably playing MW2) and get up as late as possible on pre-launch day, so i can stay awake as long as possible to play MW3 after midnight. Possibly going to play into the following night... I've every intention of finishing the campaign and getting a few levels on MP before going to be anyway!

Jaysus. And i thought i was "hardcore" asking for the day off work for each of the days the two World of Warcraft expansions where released

Has anyone in Dublin reserved a copy of the special edition that they don't intend on picking up? Clutching at straws here . .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Jaysus. And i thought i was "hardcore" asking for the day off work for each of the days the two World of Warcraft expansions where released

I wouldn't call it hardcore, but i would compare it to the people that save up for Oxygen, Slane, Electric Picnic and take a week or however long off work for it. Except mine happens to be a 3 1/2 week festival of guns, booze, yank tw@s and excessive cursing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Hmv were taking pre orders but giving peio to people who queued last night.

Basically misunderstanding how pre orders woek.

So im going in this morning hoping there is a copy there

Advertisement