Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hafada Piercing Healing

Options
  • 31-07-2010 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭

Hi there! New to the tattoo and piercing boards! :pac:

I have just gotten a hafada (scrotum) piercing there on wednesday afternoon. I loved the idea of getting one and I think it looks great!

I am just wondering about its healing time as research on the internet turns up wildly different numbers. I'm regularly cleaning it twice a day and using antibacterial soap for one of those times. How long would it take to fully heal? And when would it be safe to remove completely?

Would soaking it in a saline solution reduce healing time?

I'm also wondering about the sexual limitations of having this piercing during its healing process, it doesn't seem to be as if it would come into contact with a partners body during intercourse? I can't be too sure though.

Any info is much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

First thing Useful, congratulations on your piercing. Now to address your issues,
    1, Cleaning twice a day. Make sure you dry it THOROUGHLY. Wet piercings don't heal. If you want to speed the process, my personal recommendation is 5% lavender in a carrier oil. Natures own healing agent. Tea tree works as well but there is more chance of a reaction than with lavender.
    2, Soaking in saline not good (see above) although as anyone with a PA will tell you, trickle your own urine over the piercing does work. Again dry THOROUGHLY.
    3, Time for a little plagurism, if I may quote from BME, During healing of scrotum piercings the body will be more susceptible to contraction of STDs and other bacteria from a sexual partner's body. The best bet to avoid infection is to allow for the piercings to heal before resuming sexual activities. However, this not being "practical" for many people it is at least advisable to shower and clean the area immediately after any sexual encounter for the duration of the healing period.
    4, Healing time, as in take and leave out for any period of time is around 9 months.
    Hope this helps.

Advertisement