Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me choose!

Options
  • 31-07-2010 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Looking for best selection for cost, say a €1000 spend at most, what would you choose or even ignore mine and say you had a grand to spend.
    Most selections are from looking at your earlier psots and doing some research.

Mobo: Asus p6x5d-e €207
    Asus P7P55de Pro €132
    Gigabyte P55ud5 €193

GFX: Radeon 5770 €148
    Radeon 5850 €270 -€300
    Geforce GTX 460 €187

Case: Antec 1200 ATX €146
    Coolmaster Cosmos Black €218
    Cougar 98r9 €168

Ram: 6GB-Kit DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Tracer blue PC1333 CL7 €165

any difference between brands?

Processor: torn! i5 or i7? couple of hunderd euro in the difference but is the i7 over speced for todays uses, games and photoshop?

Cooler: Dunno!

Psu: Xfx 650 Watt xxx ed €75

All sourced from here:
    http://www4.hardwareversand.de/

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭newirishshogun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsH63qJlIMM

Bank holiday weekend probably not the best time to ask :{

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Motherboard - kind of depends on the processor route.
    CPU - I don't really think i7s are worth it unless you're ploughing a lot of money into your system and need multiple cards/bragging rights. IMO, go i5 or AMD - i7s and their motherboards are too expensive for that range.

Graphics card - The 5770 is good for cheap power, but the 460 pricing is very tempting and worth the marginal cost, if you have the money. The 5850 is a good bit more, so it really depends on how much power you need.

RAM - You should probably choose the RAM when you're finalised on the processor - i5 is dual channel. Ram branding - There might be variations in warranties and some brands are a little more reliable than others, but brand differences aren't as big as in some of the other components. The cheaper brands usually have poorer heatsinks too and slower timings.

Case - It really depends on yourself. Look up lots of pictures and see what you'd put up with, then have a look at reviews to make sure airflow is good and installation is easy. When you get to that price range though, you usually have a fairly reliable product anyway.

Thanks Monotype,

Yeah I'll think I'll go with the i5. I'll upgrade when its cheaper, probably get a couple of years out of it first. Probably splurge on the GFX and get the 5850, it'll get a lot of work. The Antec is nice, have one already but I like the clean look of the Coolmaster so probably get that one, toolless too.

Thansk again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Thanks Monotype,

Yeah I'll think I'll go with the i5. I'll upgrade when its cheaper, probably get a couple of years out of it first. Probably splurge on the GFX and get the 5850, it'll get a lot of work. The Antec is nice, have one already but I like the clean look of the Coolmaster so probably get that one, toolless too.

Thansk again.

The coolmaster cosmos is more suited to watercooled builds. It doesn't have great airflow for an aircooled setup.

For an aircooled build a coolmaster HAF or an Antec would suit better.

uberpixie wrote: »
    The coolmaster cosmos is more suited to watercooled builds. It doesn't have great airflow for an aircooled setup.

For an aircooled build a coolmaster HAF or an Antec would suit better.

Thanks Uberpixie,

I'd appreciate your opinions on these or your own personal choice, I'm looking for a full tower case?

Cooler Master HAF X, Midi ATX, ohne Netzteil

Cooler Master HAF 932 schwarz, ohne Netzteil

http://www4.hardwareversand.de/articlesearch.jsp?search.sKey=&rp=1

Antec MidiTower "P193" schwarz,

h
    ttp://www4.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=30923&agid=631

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement