Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham consider legal action against Spurs

• 31-07-2010 1:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

So rumours are abound that West Ham are considering legal action against Spurs for lodging a bid for Scot Parker (and thus unsettling him). But this is not right surely anyone can make a bid for any player and West Ham made the bid public they're shooting themselves in the foot the more they go on about it!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

There has to be more to the story than that i'm guessing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sullivan and Gold ftl

Hmm thinking about, thats a pretty gruesome battle - S & G v 'arry Redknapp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,142 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Perhaps they want to sell him, and need a decent excuse to get the fans off their back if they do after promising to keep him...

"It wasn't our fault, it was those dastardly Spurs people, turning our hero's head with their promises of ladies and riches! How could us poor hammers compete with that? Blame them - not us!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Sullivan is quite petty like that so it would be no surprise if he was planning legal action

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Perhaps they want to sell him, and need a decent excuse to get the fans off their back if they do after promising to keep him...

"It wasn't our fault, it was those dastardly Spurs people, turning our hero's head with their promises of ladies and riches! How could us poor hammers compete with that? Blame them - not us!"

This.sullivan and gold probably dont want to be seen to back track.would Parker add anything to spurs ,I cant see where he would play unless 'arry changes formation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Has 'arry been up to his usual crap of talking about everyone else's players again? Maybe thats why theyre sueing?

Theyd be dead right too... Never seen anyone to tap up players in the open as often as redknapp

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Dammo

"Who 'insert player of choice'? I like 'im for sure and I'd love to 'ave 'im 'ere if 'e was available but 'e ain't. 'E's a 'insert club of choice' player and that's it. But yeah if 'e was available I'd love to do something for sure...but 'e ain't". H Redknapp, 'insert date of choice'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Helix wrote: »
    Has 'arry been up to his usual crap of talking about everyone else's players again? Maybe thats why theyre sueing?

Theyd be dead right too... Never seen anyone to tap up players in the open as often as redknapp

Spurs privately made a bid from Parker. West Ham announced that they had rejected the bid.. Spurs or Redknapp did not release this information, how exactly is that tapping up the player?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,142 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Ha, Classic 'Arry here.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/8870401.stm
    Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has defended Spurs' pursuit of West Ham's Scott Parker insisting the Hammers are guilty of unsettling the midfielder.
    Hammers chairman David Sullivan this week claimed he was "very angry" with Spurs for unsettling Parker.

Redknapp is adamant Tottenham have done nothing wrong, suggesting West Ham making his approach public would have done more to affect the player's mind.
    "Who made it public that we made an offer?" said Redknapp.

Sullivan insisted England international Parker, who has three years remaining on his contract, was not for sale at any price following Spurs' £7m bid.

The club also issued a statement saying: "We informed Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy prior to him making the offer that we would not welcome any approach to unsettle the player."

Tottenham may now improve their offer as Redknapp looks to strengthen his midfield options ahead of the new season.

And he says the club were perfectly entitled to bid for the 29-year-old, who began his career at Charlton Athletic before moving on to Chelsea and Newcastle United.
    "You can make an offer for a player if you want to. You can make an offer for anybody," added Redknapp.
    "I'm sure the chairman [Levy] must have got some encouragement or he wouldn't have made an offer. So I'm not sure the full story has been told about that one.
    "The chairman wouldn't have made an offer unless he thought there was a chance that they wanted to do something."

Redknapp also confirmed he would still like to bring Manchester City striker Craig Bellamy to White Hart Lane but was far from certain a deal could be done.
    "I like Craig Bellamy but I don't know if they would sell him," said Redknapp following Tottenham's 4-1 home defeat by Villarreal on Thursday.
    "The chairman deals with all the transfers. He asks me what I want and I tell him. I don't know where he's at with Bellamy, if anywhere."

So, on the one hand playing the innocent, saying he's never said anything about Parker, that the club simply made an offer and it was West Ham who have made this public.

And then, in the same interview, he says he is trying to sign Craig Bellamy, another player he has no place to be commenting on...

The West Ham part does seem fishy alright though. West Ham said they would not welcome any approach for the player, so surely all they need to do is immediately decline the offer out of hand and be done with it, instead of making a big deal. While 'Arry has been guilty of publicly unsettling plenty of people before, he doesn't actually seem to have done anything of the sort this time...

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Dammo

Think he only does it in public?

• Advertisement
Advertisement