Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strawberry flavors

Options
  • 31-07-2010 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭

I'm going to have some Italian guests and i decided i was going to make some "italian" cocktails

so far the mix looks like

milk
    malibu
    campari

I'm trying to make a sort of strawberry milk shake theme but i'm not sure what the best way to get the strawberry flavor into the above mix, anyone any ideas?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

You could make strawberry smoothies....if you have a smoothie machine.

Failing that you could track down a bottle of strawberry liqueur, like this one from De Kuyper (any good offie will stock it)

wildstrawberry_main_MED.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 cocktailkings

...to get the best fruit flavour for any cocktail or smootie try to use cocktail syrups, monin, giffard....the best will be FO syryps with amazing range of 45 kinds

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

to get the best fruit flavour for any cocktail or smootie try to use cocktail syrups
    Not that I'm an expert or anything, but I'd have thought using actual fruit would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

BeerNut wrote: »
    Not that I'm an expert or anything, but I'd have thought using actual fruit would be better.

I think that would depend on if you wanted a cocktail with the consistency of a thin smoothy or without "bits" (as cartons of orange juice put it). Strawberry juice can be hard to find although I think Marks & Spencer's have it or a strawberry/other juice version. Must have a look and see if it would be something nice to ferment :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 cocktailkings

...as you know flavour of the fruit is always different. once sweet once sour or bitter. With the sirup you can regulate the sweetnes and final flavour.... i have bussines selling cocktail syrups from france, otaly germany and turkey. Big different between all the brands...recently i start importing FO syrups from Turkey so far best quality with no add. sugars...

• Advertisement
Advertisement