Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cats in the sanctuary question

Options
  • 31-07-2010 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi, would anyone care to explain this to me, as i'm puzzled :D: in the LAW sanctuary, usually ca 5-10 cats are routinely kept in the same room/cage. But how is this achieved without them scratching the eyes off each other? Given that they've never met before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I find the cats when they come in first everything is new and scary so alot of them just hide in the corner.

But if one cat is acting too agrisive that it will be separated.
    The shelter I volunteer in puts cats in the outside pen and they're normally fine after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Could also be that cats that come in come in from colonys or homes where they have lived together and so are used to each other.

Sometimes cats kept in smaller quaters are under going treatment or quarantine.

They have a brilliant new cattery opening the pics I think are up on the site on the stages it's going through.

Advertisement