Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shotgun Cert

Options
  • 31-07-2010 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭

I put my application in on 9th July and still no word back on it yet, the firearm officer is on holiday for a few weeks is there any other way to see how long process will take>?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Spunk84 wrote: »
    I put my application in on 9th July and still no word back on it yet, the firearm officer is on holiday for a few weeks is there any other way to see how long process will take>?

If you have your old cert number and a friend in the force they should be able to find out where it is on the system.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

From thread that was posted yesterday. Same question, same answer.
    ezridax wrote:
    Can take up to (and they have) 3 months. Could possibly take longer. Depends on the district

Because some areas are processing quickly doesn't mean the area you are in will do so as quick. I know of lads getting theirs in weeks, others in months some still waiting from last year.

Being a re-application for an existing firearm has no bearing on you application. New applicants can get theirs faster or slower than someone re-applying. There is no standard or equal processing times throughout.

You may just be patient.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement