Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any newbies have any questions about Life in DIT??? (ASK HERE!)

Options
  • 31-07-2010 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Is there any newbies or potential newbies out there with any questions about DIT in general or student life is like??

Ask here, there's loads of DIT students on this site!!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jrk92

ok so.. is there any partayy for the first year students( or for everybody) at the beginning of the school? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭candy19

Ah if your looking for a party, there's a full week of them...FRESHERS WEEK, starting on the 20th of September as far as I know!

One word....BEER:D

haha ok.. two words: CAN'T WAIT! ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Wheres a good place to stay near Bolton Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

I've visited colleges in Ukraine and Canada, and I can say this: DIT kicks their arses in terms of college life and buzz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

Sitec wrote: »

bolton street is really easy to get because it is just down the road from a big buss route, dorset street. so anywhere on the drumcondra road or dorset street would be very handy for getting to bolton street.

i think there is a meeting or something coming up for finding accommodation in dit.http://www.dit.ie/news/archive2010/studentaccommodation/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

_sparkie_ wrote: »
    bolton street is really easy to get because it is just down the road from a big buss route, dorset street. so anywhere on the drumcondra road or dorset street would be very handy for getting to bolton street.

i think there is a meeting or something coming up for finding accommodation in dit.http://www.dit.ie/news/archive2010/studentaccommodation/
    Thanks for that, I must attend that and see what the story is!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Anyone know what is it like for 1st yr mature fine art student ?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭gingelion

Do they do exams in December or January?

Will be starting as a mature student in september but i have tickets to a festival in december which i REALLY dont want to miss.

im am not a mature student and i dont know what course you are doing but for me last year the exams were in january, we were off the last week in december the first week in january and then the 3rd and 4th week in january.

• Advertisement

'Do they do exams in December or January?

Will be starting as a mature student in september but i have tickets to a festival in december which i REALLY dont want to miss.'

Hey there,

Generally in DIT the exams are not until January even though students are trying to get this changed, but it won't be for another year or so!

Here's this years academic calander:

http://www.dit.ie/services/academic/calendar/

Best of luck!

why would students want to change that? i love not stressing out before christmas, it is perfect the way it is. this way we get loads of time (without any lectures) to study for the exams. i would be freaking out if i was attending lectures,trying to sort out christmas and study for exams all at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Sitec wrote: »
    Anywhere like Phibsborough, Glasnevin, Drumcondra. The 11/11a/19a bus route will sort you out fairly regularly.

_sparkie_ wrote: »
    why would students want to change that? i love not stressing out before christmas, it is perfect the way it is. this way we get loads of time (without any lectures) to study for the exams. i would be freaking out if i was attending lectures,trying to sort out christmas and study for exams all at the same time.

Hi Sparkie,

The general thing students like is their nice six week break over xmas and new year and not starting back in college until like the end of Jan or beginning of Feb. :D I for one can't see how anyone wouldn't like a holiday like that or such a good opportunity to work on assessments.

A big plus would be that you wouldn't have to worry about studying and exams over xmas as ye would have them all done:p

Candy

lets say I will use DART in order to get to DIT (Bolton Street). Which station : Connolly or Drumcondra is closer to DIT Bolton street?

jrk92 wrote: »
    lets say I will use DART in order to get to DIT (Bolton Street). Which station : Connolly or Drumcondra is closer to DIT Bolton street?
    Neither are particularly handy. Where are you coming from?

Clonsilla:) I would say it will take me about 1h to get to dit. not that bad:L

Clonsilla:) I would say it will take me about 1h to get to dit. not that bad:L
    You'd probably be better off on the 39a dude

em I think its the same time, but DART is more ''friendly'' haha

em I think its the same time, but DART is more ''friendly'' haha
    If I was pushed I'd say Connolly then but I think the bus is your best bet

• Advertisement

yeah but ya know... its not the biggest problem.. first of all I have to get the place in DIT :) where do you live?

yeah but ya know... its not the biggest problem.. first of all I have to get the place in DIT :) where do you live?
    Blessington. I do just over an hour on the bus most days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ditzie

Can you go home for review week or do you still have lectures?

Ditzie wrote: »
    Can you go home for review week or do you still have lectures?

Hey there,

That really depends on your course I'm afraid, some lecturers still carry on with IT Labs/Science Labs etc and other lecturers may have class tests or tutorials that week or if your lucky like me then you can go home or just ass about for the week :D

Sorry there's no black and white answer to your question!

Just depends on the lecturers you get. What course are you planning to do?

Candy

By some miracle, I'm hoping to get enough points to do optometry, DT224 i think.... what course are you doing?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

By some miracle, I'm hoping to get enough points to do optometry, DT224 i think.... what course are you doing?

I did Optometry. Great course, great social aspect and some of the lecturers will literally bend over backwards to help you. Graduated 2 years ago and still chat to my lecturers from time to time if I'm near Kevin St

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnG18

Oh it's that time of year again when our little hive becomes ever more active.

Sure I'll give it a go answering questions if I know the answer to any!

Daisies wrote: »
    I did Optometry. Great course, great social aspect and some of the lecturers will literally bend over backwards to help you. Graduated 2 years ago and still chat to my lecturers from time to time if I'm near Kevin St

Fair play to you for getting the points! :D did you get a week off to study for review week by any chance?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Fair play to you for getting the points! :D did you get a week off to study for review week by any chance?

Sometimes but not very often. Usually still had labs, sometimes tutorials too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 MadRush

this is probably the wrong place to ask, but is DIT actually a university and not an institute of technology even though thats what its name is?

confussed :(

Advertisement