Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any newbies have any questions about Life in DIT??? (ASK HERE!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnG18

Hey all, I'm wondering if someone can help me out. I just checked my proposed timetable and saw that I'll have one lecture in one college campus at 9am followed by another in a different campus at 10am! I know that at the moment timetables are not to be taken as set-in-stone, but what's the deal on commuting between campuses and getting to lectures on time?

Thanks

The wonderful world of Nutraceuticals welcomes you btw!

Now walking from Cathal Brugha/Marlbrougha St to Sackville Place takes litterally 2 minutes. And lecturers are generally aware from week 1 who is coming from where and why they may be 5 minutes late or need to leave 5 minutes early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lala k

hi got accepted to dit nutrition and health in culinary arts level 7 could anyone tell me what it entails?? i thought it would be in cahal bruagh st. but i hav to register in angiers st. so whats the story??

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

lala k wrote: »
    i thought it would be in cahal bruagh st. but i hav to register in angiers st. so whats the story??

Apparently everyone will register in Aungier St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 NamhalLudscy

Ha, I take it you're studying Nutraceuticals yourself? Can you give me some inside info. about the course - a heads-up!? I believe there's a lot of lab work. Can't wait to don a white jacket (",)

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnG18

Ha, I take it you're studying Nutraceuticals yourself? Can you give me some inside info. about the course - a heads-up!? I believe there's a lot of lab work. Can't wait to don a white jacket (",)

Yup for first year you will have to do labs for Bio 1 & 2, Chem 1 & 2, Phys 1 & 2 and Organic Chem.

Your lovely pristine white lab coat will end up stained its heart breaking but the labs are the best part of it all! You'll also have Computers and Communications and some more, more non science subjects.

Any more questions don't hesitate I am going into Nutraceuticals Year 3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Snoochiboochies

Chorcai wrote: »
    Anyone know what is it like for 1st yr mature fine art student ?

Hey,

I'm wondering the same thing...I'm 21, and will be starting on the photography course next week... I hope there will be others around my age... I'm not classed as 'mature' but I hope the class wont be filled with leaving cert students.. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Hey,

I'm wondering the same thing...I'm 21, and will be starting on the photography course next week... I hope there will be others around my age... I'm not classed as 'mature' but I hope the class wont be filled with leaving cert students.. :/

You'll be grand. I seen some of the mature Art student... lets just say I'm holding out for the leaving cert students to make up for things !! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Smuckie

This'll sound like a ridiculous question I bet, but which is the main entrance for Kevin Street?? I have to be there at 1 on Monday and I can't get into town at all before then... If it's absolutely unmissable then my apologies! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

Smuckie wrote: »
    This'll sound like a ridiculous question I bet, but which is the main entrance for Kevin Street?? I have to be there at 1 on Monday and I can't get into town at all before then... If it's absolutely unmissable then my apologies! :D

The entrance to the main building is where the security hut at the entrance to the car park is, with the barriers. Thats the main entrance there up the steps. When you walk in that door the porters desk will be on your left and there will be a long wooden bench too. Gleeson Hall is on the left also, which is where you will probably register!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Smuckie

Thank you thank you Neil! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

starting phase 6 refrigeration in bolton st. at the end of the month, whats parking like if any....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Monksie

this is prob a stupid question but is there 2 buildings near cathal brugha st or is it all the same one? im told theres a marlborough st too:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭candy19

Monksie wrote: »
    this is prob a stupid question but is there 2 buildings near cathal brugha st or is it all the same one? im told theres a marlborough st too:confused:

Ok from what I know of Cathal Bruagh, there's two enterance's to the same building, one is the marlborough st enterance (opposite the car park) and the other is the cathal brugha st enterance beside where the tour bus parks or the 123 bus stop. I'm pretty sure it's just one building tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

is there anything you need to bring to induction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭GarethWA

PlayGirl wrote: »
    is there anything you need to bring to induction?

ID of some description, and know your student/CAO number.

Anything else you might have been told when you registered online...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

GarethWA wrote: »
    ID of some description, and know your student/CAO number.

Anything else you might have been told when you registered online...

student number being the same as email username?

the thing i got posted out says student id and email username are the same thing, but neither are the same as my cao number was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭GarethWA

PlayGirl wrote: »
    student number being the same as email username?

the thing i got posted out says student id and email username are the same thing, but neither are the same as my cao number was?

If it's in the format of a letter followed by 8 numbers then yeah. (that's what mine is)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Hey,

Good to know! Was worried the same as yourself, thinking it'll be full of leaving certs. I'll be doing photography and I'm around your age, grand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Snoochiboochies

Good to know! Was worried the same as yourself, thinking it'll be full of leaving certs. I'll be doing photography and I'm around your age, grand!

Happy days:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lala k

hi ye when you go to get your id card is there anything else you need to get? only i already got it but it says when you recive your cards?? please help

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭campuslife

Hiya, You should be going to Induction as well as picking up your ID card.

You can find the time for your induction on this page:

http://www.dit.ie/registration/registrationnext/

Just enter your programme code, or the name of your course in the search box, and it will tell you when to show up for Induction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rooster99

I'm really confused about the timetables.

i'm doing DT025, the common engineering first year, and when i log onto the timetables, there are 4 different options: 1A, 1B, 1C, or 1D.
    Will these be assigned to us on induction day or what?

Also in the timetable there are sometimes a few different rows for the same day, with different classes scheduled for the same time with the same teacher, are these different semesters?

Will all be explained at induction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 grainofsense

Was in for induction and all this week and just realised no one said anything about lockers.

Who do I contact about this in Kevin Street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 RobbieDean

Im startin nutraceuticals advanced entry into 2nd year. wats it like? for the labs do you wear a white coat yea?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Im not technically a newbie...but how do you go about renting a locker??

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭gingelion

I'm not sure what my timetable is. I'm looking at it every day and i'm not sure if i understand it at all. Can anyone simplify the setup for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

DieselQueen: As far as I'm aware the accounts office sort out lockers

Gingelion: In the search filter put in the week range as 4-16 that'll show you semester 1, semester 2 should be 23-37

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭gingelion

Thanks very much. I shall do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Im not technically a newbie...but how do you go about renting a locker??

I'm in Bolton Street, there was no charge on Renting Lockers or anything. We just turned up on the first day of term and stuck a lock on them. Twas ours for the year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭kirving

darragh16 wrote: »
    I'm in Bolton Street, there was no charge on Renting Lockers or anything. We just turned up on the first day of term and stuck a lock on them. Twas ours for the year!

Yeah, 2 years ago they charged €10 for the locker for the year, and you had to pay a returnable €10 deposit for the key/lock.(the cost a fiver!)

Last year though(In Bolton Sreet) you could just take any locker you wanted once you had your own lock.

Advertisement