Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

more fca1 questions

Options
  • 31-07-2010 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

hi lads

i bought a shotgun today, its a lanber 28 sporter, i called to the station to get the forms, asked a few questions but the gaurd had no clue, the fo is on 3 weeks hols and to come back then, so im turning to ye for help

i already have a licence for a rifle, must i fill out the form the same as before, referees etc. im in a gun club and have a card to prove it.. basically i need help with the form

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

If this is your first shotgun and you do NOT already hold a shotgun license then its a new application and will require the FCA1 to be filled in COMPLETELY, including, GP name, referees, photos, etc. This must be done for any application for a license for a firearm type you have not held before.

Also if it is your first EVER shotgun then you may/will be required to complete a competency course prior to getting your license. There are a few places running them which i have listed below.

MNSCI

NARGC

FASS
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

thanks for clearing that up, i have a course done, iv done 2 already, had to do it to get the rifle, where it wants landowners permission, i take it i dont have to fill this in if im in a club

If you are a member of a gun club then your membership will cover your "land permission" needs.

Have you done a course on shotguns though? Is this your first one? If it is your first and the other courses did not cover shotguns you will have to do one.

If you have already done a course on shotguns or this is not your first shotgun then no course should be needed.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

ezridax wrote: »
    If you are a member of a gun club then your membership will cover your "land permission" needs.

Have you done a course on shotguns though? Is this your first one? If it is your first and the other courses did not cover shotguns you will have to do one.

If you have already done a course on shotguns or this is not your first shotgun then no course should be needed.

i did one with the nargc for shotguns, and another through a club that covered most types of firearms/safety. the shotgun course did me for getting the rifle. so im sorted for the course side of it anyway.. i hate forms :mad:

jap gt wrote: »
    i did one with the nargc for shotguns and another through a club that covered most types of firearms/safety

You're covered so.
    . the shotgun course did me for getting the rifle......

:confused: Won't go into that ...........:confused:

i hate forms :mad:

Now they are just as afraid of you as you are of them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement