Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power cut in Dublin city today.

Options
  • 31-07-2010 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Dublin 8. It was soon followed by ambulance or police sirens, on top of all the home alarms tripped by the power cut that'll be going off for the next few hours.

The lcd tv started flickering before I leapt up to switch it off, wonder if it's safe to leave it on now that the power seems to be restored.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

The power was off for a few minutes ~ I didn't hear any police or ambulance sirens ~ just the usual alarm ones ~ it looks as if it was just a temporary outage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Where in D8 ? I'm in Rialto village and no problems this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Plasid

all over D8 from Christchurch down, plenty of ambulance and police sirens, given traffic lights were out too not a surprise

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Approximately 10,000 properties were affected by a large power outage in the Dublin 8 area today.
    GO TO
    The outage was first reported at 5:28pm today, with several traffic signals also down in the area.
    According to reports from ESB, the power was restored to most properties at approximately 6:50pm.

A spokesperson for ESB told Independent.ie: "Approximately 10,000 properties were affected. We don't know yet caused the issue, however most properties in the area have had their power restored."
    Follow
    Traffic Mgmt. Centre @DCCTraffic
    Multiple traffic signals are out around Cork St / Patrick St / Kevin St area due to @ESBNetworks power failure. Exercise extreme caution.
    5:28 PM - 5 Sep 2016
    2 2 Retweets likes
    The ESB has urged any customers who are still experiencing problems to contact their helpline on 1850 372 999 or check Powercheck.ie for updates.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/power-restored-following-outage-that-left-10000-properties-without-power-and-downed-traffic-signals-35023103.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

My lights have been dim and flickering all evening (Terenure)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Was a disaster earlier, going through the lights at the SCR/Donore Ave junction and then again on Cork St. Not a guard in sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Was a disaster earlier, going through the lights at the SCR/Donore Ave junction and then again on Cork St. Not a guard in sight.

Too busy doing OT to guard the Hutch family.

Advertisement