Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to make a thumbnail gallery?

Options
  • 31-07-2010 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

How would I go about making a simple gallery like this.....
    gallery_1.png

Basically, I just want to be able to click one of the thumbnails at the bottom and have the main image change to the corresponding image.

I'm not worried about how it's structured, ill figure that out myself. I think all I need to know is what properties to apply to links and how to make it correspond with the main image.

I have used gallery add on's like lightbox but in this case I want it structured similar to the example above, giving the ability to flick from image to image without leaving the page.

It's probably something simple (I hope) I've just never done it before.

Thanks.

Sorry for the hideous example given :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

Essien wrote: »
    How would I go about making a simple gallery like this.....
    gallery_1.png

Basically, I just want to be able to click one of the thumbnails at the bottom and have the main image change to the corresponding image.

I'm not worried about how it's structured, ill figure that out myself. I think all I need to know is what properties to apply to links and how to make it correspond with the main image.

I have used gallery add on's like lightbox but in this case I want it structured similar to the example above, giving the ability to flick from image to image without leaving the page.

It's probably something simple (I hope) I've just never done it before.

Thanks.

Sorry for the hideous example given :o

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/thumbnail2.htm

have a read of that. you may want to change the mouseover to onclick if you want the big picture to change when clicked on rather than hovered over. Is it just 4 images you need? there are better solutions out there for large galleries such as highslide js.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

jumbone wrote: »
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/thumbnail2.htm

have a read of that. you may want to change the mouseover to onclick if you want the big picture to change when clicked on rather than hovered over. Is it just 4 images you need? there are better solutions out there for large galleries such as highslide js.

That might do, thanks for that. I'll have a go when I've a bit more time, looks good though. 4 images should be ok, I'm really using it to fill some space so thats why I decided to go with a big image and a few thumbnails.

Advertisement