Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Hero: Warrior's or Rock

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I borrowed Aerosmith off a friend and completed it in a day for the achievements. It was a horrible experience :(

You have to admit, sweet emotion was a good song !!!!! Reminds me I have half a playthrough left for enough cash to get the toys in the attic cheevo lol :D

Mind you I've been working myself up to going nback to it for 3 months now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Well at 9.99 I might get it just to finish the few achievements I'm missing. If I do do you want to get the "play all songs as lead guitarist" and "play all songs as lead rhythm/bass" with me?

Well at 9.99 I might get it just to finish the few achievements I'm missing. If I do do you want to get the "play all songs as lead guitarist" and "play all songs as lead rhythm/bass" with me?

Wanting to get them and having the will to get them are very different things :D

Think it's been long enough now for me to muster another play though on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

MORE Guitar Hero

Lots of great stuff going on with our friends over at Activision!! First up, the release of Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock on September 28 that includes our version of "Paranoid," recorded with none other than Ozzy Osbourne at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 25th Anniversary Concerts. To celebrate this release, you'll be able to import your songs from Guitar Hero: Metallica for free for one week. Finally, check out the DJ Shadow re-mix of "The Day That Never Comes" with Kanye West's "Love Lockdown" on DJ Hero 2, which hits the streets on October 19.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

The importing the Metallica songs for free is a pretty cool little stunt. How many of those are you allowed to bring over?

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    The importing the Metallica songs for free is a pretty cool little stunt. How many of those are you allowed to bring over?

All but 3 or 4 if I recall , the article listing the missing songs escapes me at the moment, I did read that it was not just metallica but GH5 and WT also for the 1st week but that it might have been US only.

It's actually tempting to pick this up now in the morning to tide me over till RB3 , must resist :D

Edit: Was in HMV on henry st earlier and they had this with new guitar for €80 !!!!!!!!! it was 99 next door in game stop ouch.
    Might have a root around at home and see if I have any games to trade in :)

Ok so after all my bitching and moaning I got it :o

got it in hmv for 79.99 with the guitar (as if i needed it) but had a fair few games I was in need of getting rid of. So it cost little over 20 in the end. + they have me a free copy of GH5 which still has a high resale value. (no sure if is all hmv and it wasn't displayed anywhere)

Only played quickplay didn't bother with story mode. Have to say I am shocked. quickplay + is where it is at, from the demo I thought they took out all the challenges etc that I loved in GH5. Nope they just stashed them in quickplay. There is a massive amount to do there.

I have read that the guitar is now 6 buttons, is that right?

no standard 5

Was going well until I hit Dragonforce, it's no fire and flames but it's still dragonforcefarce :mad:

The Rush 2112 bit in the quest mode is ace!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Does that game have all of 2112?! NO! I wont be tempted!!

Does that game have all of 2112?! NO! I wont be tempted!!

It has

Rush – “2112 Pt. 1 – Overture”
    Rush – “2112 Pt. 2 - The Temples Of Syrinx”
    Rush – “2112 Pt. 3 – Discovery”
    Rush – “2112 Pt. 4 – Presentation”
    Rush – “2112 Pt. 5 - Oracle: The Dream”
    Rush – “2112 Pt. 6 – Soliloquy” <
    My personal favorite
    Rush – “2112 Pt. 7 - Grand Finale”

So no, not the whole album like they told us, it has all of 2112 but not all of 2112 , at least I assumed it was the album not just the song they ment.

There is this kind of narration thing going on between songs by members of rush in quest mode, you play the songs in one go back to back. Mind you they did feel really short, must go back and play them no I have them unlocked for freeplay. They are pretty easy when you compare to spirit of radio for example.

Spirit of Radio was mad hard alright. And I only meant the song not the album :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

joystiq review here: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/29/guitar-hero-warriors-of-rock-review/#continued

not really much positive to say about it and more or less confirms what we all assumed when the game was announced (also weirdly the new guitar omits the touch strip introduced in GH5)

I think his point about the fact that "you still just have to play well, nothing has changed" is the most important bit. The last bit about missing what GH1 made him feel made me a bit sad too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I got it for the xbox, the strip part lower down is gone. Its a stripped down version all right but still what i want. Just chuck it on blast out a few good songs and knock it off. The songs are not the best but any game with Neil Young in the soundtrack is all right by me. Working through the quest mode its something Jack Black would come up with.

Over all nothing new, stuff taken away from the last game and not much more than a song pack in truth but still i like it !

See, I don't understand this, if it's just extra songs you want why not get RB and lots of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

See, I don't understand this, if it's just extra songs you want why not get RB and lots of them?

Activision gave it to me for free to review for the site thats why i got it not sure if id have bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Got this yesterday, Great game.. loving it so far. Much better then the last two proper sequels (nothing beats Metallica :pac: )

Excellent set list for my taste :D

Was gonna get the full bundle as my Rock Band 1 drum set is a bit battered at this stage :(

Decided to hold off for the Rock Band 3 pro drum set though.. been hearing the Guitar Hero one has some issues

drums are 11.99 in hmv at the minute, and be quick and get metallica imported into GH6 before the offer allowing you to do it free expires

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

calex71 wrote: »
    drums are 11.99 in hmv at the minute, and be quick and get metallica imported into GH6 before the offer allowing you to do it free expires

:eek: €12
    I'll have a look.. :D

also isn't the free import of GH Metallica just a promotion for the US?

Although I imported Metallica a few months before it came out here from America so it might work .. probably won't but worth a go :pac:

____
    and my drums just broke -.-

Red pad is ****ed. Now I will be buying those €12 drums haha

Free DLC Alert

The Rocktober track pack – FREE
    • Disturbed - "The Infection"
    • Muse - "Resistance"
    • My Chemical Romance - "Na Na Na"

Free until Oct. 19th

Linky: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-IE/games/offers/0ccf000d-0000-4000-8000-000041560883

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭azwethinkweiz

I just got this game the other day, I've only played about 3 or 4 songs so far... its pretty enjoyable but its same old same old dont ya think?
    Lovin' Black Rain & Cherry Bomb being included on it though... those are 2 friggin awesome songs!! :D

I thought it's quick play was excellent. It kept me entertained for a few weeks.

I thought it was a step down from 5 regards it's career, though the Rush section was very good.

I imagine that's because rush were in it :D

Advertisement