Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thesis Binding in Limerick

• 31-07-2010 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

hi guys,
    Just trying to get organised as in about 2 weeks have to hand in a hard bound report/thesis.
    Does anyone know where I can get this done in Limerick?
    And also, does it take a few days to do or while you are there?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I got mine done in Curlys on Little Ellen St, down past the Old Quarter. Very few places seem to do it, I searched all over because the owner guy of Curlys told me first they didn't do it. But I went back later, as I couldn't find anywhere else that'd do it, and asked a girl there and she said she'd do it. So just make sure you ask one of the girls instead!

It's something like 40 to get it binded alone, but you can get it printed there too, so obviously you'd have to price that as well. I think I left mine over the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Cripes really?
    I remember getting it done for my under-grad some place near the dock road and it took an hour or so but I cant remember where it was (brain gone in old age).
    Dont mind the cost really - its due on a friday (20th) and hoping to get it bound on the thursday (19th) as Ill have to take the day off work to get it printed and bound.
    Crappo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Well that was just as I had brought it in on a Thursday I think. and the girl that does it wasn't going to be back til Monday. I think you'd need to allow a day or two anyway. I would suggest going in and asking they'll be able to give you a better idea that way. It also depends on how many others they have to do at the same. Safest bet would be to pop in and ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

If it's for UL or somewhere similar, then try Harry Getlevog off Childers Rd (http://www.goldenpages.ie/Bookbinders/Getlevog_Harry/IE_13001020_9999_1001).

I got my Masters thesis done with him a few years back - very good result and he knows exactly the layout, font sizes, etc that UL require. He was very efficient time-wise and did it in the space of 3-4 days IIRC.

I can't remember the exact cost - I got 4 copies done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭lockman

Delphi91 wrote: »
    If it's for UL or somewhere similar, then try Harry Getlevog off Childers Rd (http://www.goldenpages.ie/Bookbinders/Getlevog_Harry/IE_13001020_9999_1001).

I got my Masters thesis done with him a few years back - very good result and he knows exactly the layout, font sizes, etc that UL require. He was very efficient time-wise and did it in the space of 3-4 days IIRC.

I can't remember the exact cost - I got 4 copies done.

+1;

Mr Getlevog did 4 copies for me overnight (i was under pressure to hand it in) a few years back. Good price, good service too.

• Advertisement

thanks lads. Its only the one copy.

If anyone knows of a place that will do it within an hour or so, please let me know.

Am only allowing a day - thursday - to get it printed and bound. I have to work friday at 9am and plan to post it in the friday (I work on otherside of city).

Just trying to pre-empt problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

dellas1979 wrote: »
    thanks lads. Its only the one copy.

If anyone knows of a place that will do it within an hour or so, please let me know.

Am only allowing a day - thursday - to get it printed and bound. I have to work friday at 9am and plan to post it in the friday (I work on otherside of city).

Just trying to pre-empt problems.
    there's one in catherine street a tiny shop cant remember the name of it,,but they did hubby's a few weeks back on the same day he handed it in,,i'll try look for the rceipt for the name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

There is one on O'Connel Street, by the footcare place, that does it. Can't remember the name, I'll get it on my way into work tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭joanofarc

Try constantine downstairs in building beside old clancys on o'connell st. Sound man, tell him your under pressure!!

thanks guys!

Names would be great!

At least I have a few options.

• Advertisement

ment to add that constantine is in a place called the "document centre". its right beside clancy's in a basement.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Acapella

Got my FYP printed last year in a place at the top of O'Connell Street. Its up by the statue on the left. I did ring him before hand to see what the story was getting it printed and he gave me a time to come in. But this was FYP season with about 600 business heads having to hand in so I would say he would print it if you walked in off the street! I think for three copies it was in the region of 40/50euros but I had no colour pages!

Must say as well mine was bound but only with the clear plastic cover and not like a book...but I would say he does it that way as well.

Be careful where you do hand in the memory stick to get it done tho, make sure everything backed up good and proper....got something done in a different place in town and my USB was riddled with a silly virus when I got it back :(

Hope it helps and let us know where you do get it done because I have one to hand up in September :)

All the Best

Acapella

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

joanofarc wrote: »
    ment to add that constantine is in a place called the "document centre". its right beside clancy's in a basement.

Is that where he is now, last time I used him he was up near the Crescent, give a good service.

PS. Never used for binding.

Ya....he used to be up byt the monument all right....been moved over a year i'd say....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭xxGalwayGirlxx

If your willing to drive up id recommend Kennys Bindery in Galway, If not I think they do a next day delivery also?! They can do everything for ya, print, bind, deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭aspasp1

i got mine done at the guy on top of the oconnel st. . I think if you request him he will do it almost instantly. the man had a very helping attitude. I had my thesis binded and all, but forgot to add page numbers and I rang him back. Offcourse it was my mistake but he did it for free another three copies at 10:30 in the night! What more can you ask for !

BTW it was 35 a copy !

aspasp1

aspasp1 wrote: »
    i got mine done at the guy on top of the oconnel st. . I think if you request him he will do it almost instantly. the man had a very helping attitude. I had my thesis binded and all, but forgot to add page numbers and I rang him back. Offcourse it was my mistake but he did it for free another three copies at 10:30 in the night! What more can you ask for !

BTW it was 35 a copy !

aspasp1

Thanks guys.
    Where on O connell street did you say?

My gosh - thats amazing - people like that are very rare to find! Will you let me know more details please and I would like to use him if he is that kind - ya know - spreading the word on his business - could be your way of saying thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Docucentre on 47 O'Connel Street, is the one I was on about ;D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Curleys on Little Ellen Street were obnoxious to deal with when I was there last - I'd walk miles barefoot and pay twice their charges to any other Business rather than to ever darken their little door again.

I emailed curleys and got a reply and its e40 for one copy! Jipers! Obviously if Ive to pay it ive to pay it but I didnt realise it was that much (plus will prob have to get it printed too).
    Only need the one copy thank God.
    The only problem is that they need it wednesday at 12 to be ready for thursday at 12.

Another question, when printing the thesis, does anyone know how do you set it up so that it prints correctly? i.e. I presume it has to be back to front printing (or is it one sided printing?) so if you have a new section it should start on the right hand side of the book/copy. Any ye genius' know? ;).
    I suppose the ToC would be on the right for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,671 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Another question, when printing the thesis, does anyone know how do you set it up so that it prints correctly? i.e. I presume it has to be back to front printing (or is it one sided printing?) so if you have a new section it should start on the right hand side of the book/copy. Any ye genius' know? ;).
    It depends where you're studying, but I'd be very surprised if you were printing it on both sides of the page. I've never seen that before, only pages printed on the right side as you look at it.

for a lot of courses in UL, it should be typed with 1.5 line spacings, and a new page for each chapter, with only the title of the chapter on the page (each of the appendices also gets a title page).

You really need to find out exactly what your supervisor wants it to look like, and get it done right.

...Another question, when printing the thesis, does anyone know how do you set it up so that it prints correctly? i.e. I presume it has to be back to front printing (or is it one sided printing?) so if you have a new section it should start on the right hand side of the book/copy. Any ye genius' know? ;).

Check the rules and regulations for the institution you're submitting to. If it's something like a Masters/PhD, then there are very specific requirements about things like line-spacing, fonts, font size, margin size, etc, etc.

I phoned docucentre - they dont do hard binding.

Phone getlevogs - he may be able to do it same day - have to ring him 3 days before hand. He doesnt print - but suggested Snap printing in UL.

Curleys wont do it for the same day.

Any other suggestions?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Hooked

Cube Printing in the Eastway Business Park.

We use Harry Getlevog for all our short run binding and Gold foiling (text). Depending on how busy we are next week or on the day you're ready - it shouldn't be a problem to do it there and then...

Price for printing is dependent on whether its black and white print - or colour? Front and back or 1 sided... Best price Harry direct for the binding. Be sure and leave enough of a margin for the binding. Supply in PDF format if possible (no font issues) or MS Word (be prepared for font conflicts as we use Macs)

Be sure to call in or phone before you're ready to go - and we'll do our best to sort you out. Be sure you get a price for comparison.

Cube Printing
    061 400658

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

The place on Catherine Street, near where Java's was, will do one for €38 or two for €60. They don't print the lettering straight onto the cover, rather onto an adhesive page which is stuck onto the front and spine so this may be an issue for some institutions. Printing is 75 c a sheet for colour so you'd be better off going up to the Hub (I got mine printed at 25 c a sheet).

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭aspasp1

I think the guy on the o connel st has a website: web7.ie and afaik I had few of my classmates at the last minute there as well.

hope this helps

aspasp1

Saw a poster in UL on Friday for Justin Herberts, up near O'Connell monument in the Crescent. Not sure about time, etc, but the poster claimed a cost of €40 for 1 copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭nessie911

Just wonderiong where to get Thesis bound. It has to be a hard back copy, with gold writing. Most places dont seem to do hard back copies so I dont know where to get it done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

nessie911 wrote: »
    Just wonderiong where to get Thesis bound. It has to be a hard back copy, with gold writing. Most places dont seem to do hard back copies so I dont know where to get it done.

PM sent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

Moviedrome on Henry street do Thesis binding now. Ring them and check 061 313377. Ask for paul

Advertisement