Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Modify on/off system on fan of media player

• 31-07-2010 6:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭

I have a Cyclone HD media player. The fan on it is pretty loud. Ive had it about a year and its always been like that.

I opened it up today to see if there is anything i can do.

The fan in a simple On/Off system. Turns on when the device is on and off when the device is off.

Out of the fan is two wires red/black and connects onto the circuit board with a clip.

I ran a test today to see how hot it actually gets before needing the fan at all.

I disconnected the fan and it was running for almost an hour before any decent amount of heat was generated so i would think the fan only needs to be running for a few minutes every 25-30 minutes to keep the heat under control.

How do you think i could manage this in the simplest way possible?

Or is it possible to slow down the rpm of the fan to make less noise?

Advertisement