Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Key Lime Pie

Options
  • 31-07-2010 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Just made this and it's in the fridge setting :)

photo.php?pid=4637485&id=786119040

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Sorry this is the pic!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,048 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Looks great.
    Did you manage to get Key Limes or did you use ordinary limes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

Can you stick up a recipe please?

I used normal limes- it turned out fab.

Recipe:

Base:
    250g digestive biscuits
    100g butter

Filling:
    5 limes (zest & juice)
    300ml double cream (I used 284ml and it worked ok)
    405g light condensed milk

Method:
    Crush biscuits and mix with 100g melted butter. Press into tin, going up the sides.
    Put in fridge to chill while making filling.

Mix condensed milk, cream & lime juice & zest in a bowl until thick and creamy.
    Pour into base and chill for 1 hour.

So easy and so incredibly tasty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

Thanks a million,

I'm definitely going to try this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Pixie001

Oooh that looks delicious! Definitely think i'll make that this weekend!!

reasons you have to make it:

1 Easy
    2 Cheap (cost me about 7euro)
    3 SO tasty

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

What's the difference between a key lime and a lime? does one open the other?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Delia Smith does a similar recipe and it's lovely. I prefer to leave out the zest, it doesn't add much but grit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Andrew33 wrote: »

I think a key lime us one grown in the Florida keys?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 inthegateaux

oh I adore Key Lime Pie, I have made it so many times. My recipe I use is for a baked cheesecake but trust it is amazing. I have friends who hate cheesecake but have fought over the crumbs of this cake hehe. savages lol :D I'm sure your one tasted simply delicious, makes me hungry for one now if only I had limes hehe

I made this today, yummy yummy yummy, absolutely yummy. Did I mention that it was yummy? Yep, definitely yummy!
    Biscuit base was a little bit crumbly, maybe it needs a little bit more butter than the 100grammes suggested?
    Anyone else think this?

I didn't even measure the butter :) I just lumped it in hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Nigella has a lime pie recipe that uses chocolate digestive or hobnobs in the base. Apparently it tastes like the Chocolate Lime sweets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 inthegateaux

it is delicious but I made her recipe the other week using ginger biscuits for the base. To Die For!!!! tasted so good with the lime mmmmmmmmmmmm

*rubs chin thoughtfully* Hmmmmm.....interesting...... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Narsil

Is that the Humminbird Bakery Cookbook recipe? Its soooo good:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Right I am making key Lime pie at the weekend so

Have only ever had it in a restaurant so this should be interesting :)

Had a go at one last night. Tasted amazing but I wasn't happy with the texture. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to try again.....what a hardship :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭1_in_1,000,000

O M Gawd!

Kee lime pie. i had a sexal experiance with that once :o:o:o. YUMyumYUM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

is the texture of this supposed to come out like a cheesecakey typa thing? or harder?

Mine came out like cheesecake - now alot creamier, because it has so much milk in it, between the condensed stuff and the double cream.

I mixed it by hand and it was very firm, a lot firmer than I thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,048 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Key_lime

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

I just made this and Millionaires Shortbread at the same time, cause I bought too much condensed milk. It looks great. soooo easy, thanks for the recipe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Made the key Lime pie at the weekend (The Nigella Lawson non bake one) very easy to make and very tasty

Made a big one so brought it into work this morning and it is nearly gone now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 extaste

Me and my girlfriend are just finished making a Key Lime Pie and we're waiting for it to set :)

I first heard of it in the drama series Dexter.. a dying woman's final wish was for some Key Lime Pie!

We bought a pie in a supermarket in Florida when we were there a couple of weeks ago. Can anyone recommend somewhere in Dublin to buy a nice one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

I made one of these a few weeks ago, but made the base with ginger nut biscuits, I felt they worked better, bit more crunch and far more tastier. I started using 200g of biscuits but that wasnt enough so i used 300g. Also the receipe recommended using a 24cm tin, but i found that to be huge, so used a smaller one.

Overall is was delicious, got the receipe from the RTE website.

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    I made one of these a few weeks ago, but made the base with ginger nut biscuits, I felt they worked better, bit more crunch and far more tastier. I started using 200g of biscuits but that wasnt enough so i used 300g. Also the receipe recommended using a 24cm tin, but i found that to be huge, so used a smaller one.

Overall is was delicious, got the receipe from the RTE website.

I hate being a grammar nazi but it's either far tastier or far more tasty. Hope you enjoyed it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

I hate being a grammar nazi but it's either far tastier or far more tasty. Hope you enjoyed it anyway.

It was very tastier thanks..:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    It was very tastier thanks..:rolleyes:
    And I hope the ginger nut base was very crunchier too:p

Advertisement