Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Camera Phone for around €200 or less

Options
  • 31-07-2010 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭

Hi all, have to get a new phone in the next day or two, have about €200 to spend and want something with a very good camera if possible. I'm on o2 and the selection on their website is pretty woeful, anyone got suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

I really like the camera on the Nokia 6700 slide - 5MP with Carl Zeiss optics. It's on o2.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Samsung Jet S8000 takes great photos and videos. Within your budget from pixmania.

Has a great screen for viewing photos and videos.

Heres a sample:

Bts3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭bitter_lemon

I really like the camera on the Nokia 6700 slide - 5MP with Carl Zeiss optics. It's on o2.
    it has no smiley emoticons though. what is that all about?
    how can i show my feelings if they can't be seen? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

it has no smiley emoticons though. what is that all about?
    how can i show my feelings if they can't be seen? :(

But they can be :)

When you press : ) into the text, the other person will see :) on their phone rather than : ) if their phone is capable. Its nothing to do with the 6700.

The same applies to : ( :( : P :p etc

Davy wrote: »
    But they can be :)

When you press : ) into the text, the other person will see :) on their phone rather than : ) if their phone is capable. Its nothing to do with the 6700.

The same applies to : ( :( : P :p etc
    oh but that takes a bit of time and brain power.
    i just think it would be nice to have that option there.
    when i went to ask in the 02 store they gave me a link for a site to download and i had to buy a usb reader to download the link to the phone.

the link dosen't work :mad:

and i don't understand how to use all the different smiley faces.

like does this : o look like this :eek:

• Advertisement

oh but that takes a bit of time and brain power.
    i just think it would be nice to have that option there.
    when i went to ask in the 02 store they gave me a link for a site to download and i had to buy a usb reader to download the link to the phone.

the link dosen't work :mad:

You will have to explain this part a bit more

and i don't understand how to use all the different smiley faces.

like does this : o look like this :eek:

It doesn't to you, but to the person receiving it, if their phone can receive them, they will only see the icon, and not the : o part

hi davy
    it was an ap site that could download the emoticans. you were supposed to download the link to your comp and then onto a usb reader with a memory card then download it onto the phone.

but the link dosen't work.
    and i have no idea about these things.

thanks for reply :)
    right i understand now a little.

You can get programs to do that yes, but they usually need to be on both phones, so in other words, if your friend hasn't downloaded the same program as you, when you send the :) she wont see it. you can post the link if you want and i will have a look tomorrow, im late for my alcohol to look at it tonight ;)

that makes sense.

enjoy:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Celestial Deity

In my experience Sony Ericsson make excellent cameras. I would suggest the c902.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭smilerf

the cam on the c902 is great.
    be hard enough to find now though

smilerf wrote: »
    the cam on the c902 is great.
    be hard enough to find now though
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ericsson-Mobile-Phone-Swift-Black/dp/B001B3QN4M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1281179979&sr=8-1

The camera is indeed great.

I usually get it shipped to the nearest post office in the 'North and pick it up.

Of course, if that's too inconceivable I'm willing to sell my beat-up, scratched, Meteor locked and Meteor branded c902. :p

Advertisement