Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

visas for aus over 30?

Options
  • 31-07-2010 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi,

Just looking to see what my options would be for heading to aus for a year working,with the intent of geting sponsorship...im 30 so too old for the whv...are there any other visas i could apply for? :)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

clarelad wrote: »
    Hi,

Just looking to see what my options would be for heading to aus for a year working,with the intent of geting sponsorship...im 30 so too old for the whv...are there any other visas i could apply for? :)

Thanks in advance

It's inclusive of 30...

If you still 30 then you are not to old, You can still apply up to a few days before your 31st Birthday.

eg. If your DOB is 10/10/79 you could apply by 1/10/10 and still get a WHV but you would have to make sure you enter Australia before 1/10/11
    (gives you at least a week to safety net for the Visa to be processed)

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/eligibility-first.htm

be aged between 18 and 30 years (inclusive) at the time of applying
    Important: Your age will be determined as the age you are in Australia at the time your application is lodged (Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) or the Australian Eastern Daylight Savings time (AEDST)). Because of this time difference you are advised not to wait to lodge your application until you are about to turn 31, as the system will take the current date in Australia as your application date.

be applying no more than 12 months before you intend to travel to Australia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭clarelad

Unfortuneately i will have turned 31 by the time i plan to go,are there any other options? cheers though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ajdon

apply before your 31st and you have a year to use it, a friend of mine did this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Unfortuneately i will have turned 31 by the time i plan to go,are there any other options? cheers though :)

Change your plans. If you intend getting sponsored well the clock is ticking in all areas.

Yeah but if you stretch it out like I did in the example you don't have to be in Australia until a week before your 32nd Birthday...

When is your Birthday? and when do you intend to travel?

Also like Zambia says can you change your plans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 leigh c

no ajdon and mandrake04 is right once you apply for the visa before you turn 31 you be grand, you then have a year from the date of been granted visa to get out there and use it regardless of your age.....

i turn 31 on the 23 of april,i would like to stretch it out because it would mean id have a years work experience or more in I.T which i think would stand to me over there when applying for jobs over there...leaving just before my 32nd bday would be great,gives me roughly a year and 9 mths to prepare
    that would be great :)

i turn 31 on the 23 of april,i would like to stretch it out because it would mean id have a years work experience or more in I.T which i think would stand to me over there when applying for jobs over there...leaving just before my 32nd bday would be great,gives me roughly a year and 9 mths to prepare
    that would be great :)

You're laughing

April 2012

ya april 2012,ges this is great hopefully things will have gotten even better job wise by that time...

did u get sponsorship over there mandrake?

• Advertisement

did u get sponsorship over there mandrake?

I did yes, am a Permanent Resident and doing my citizenship.

mandrake,is it hard to get sponsorship in I.T jobs over there?

mandrake,is it hard to get sponsorship in I.T jobs over there?

Sponsorship is not as easy now as it used to be, the process itself is easy enough provided you got at least 3 years experience and the correct qualifications .... this makes it really straight forward.

To be honest finding an employer willing to invest the time and money and not jerk you around is the hard bit. Every c*nt and his dog is after the Pink label these days and I would say 90% will fail... the success stories are more often than not those of us who are are up around the late 20's... gifted with experience, commitment & maturity.

Experience is the key I reckon and a bit of luck thrown in as well.

Ask Jank about IT... he is sponsored in the business.

cheers mandrake :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bigmomma

Has anyone got any information on visas for a family who want to emigrate to aussie?????? we're over 40 and have a trade...

bigmomma wrote: »
    Has anyone got any information on visas for a family who want to emigrate to aussie?????? we're over 40 and have a trade...

What's the Trade and when you say over 40 you need to be more specific as there is a cut off age.

You can read back over the last month it's been well discussed.

Advertisement