Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor 3G Speeds/SIM

Options
  • 31-07-2010 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Not sure if this goes here or in Midband, because it's to do with internet on a mobile phone.

Currently using Nokia N900 with a meteor Sim card that I've had for about 6 years, i'm on bill pay with unlimited data add-on.

I do have 3G coverage (in wexford) and it shows full signal on my phone as 3G. Ran a speedtest, got 0.20Mbps down and 0.02Mbps up.

Now, i'm aware of the whole shared mast situation with mobile broadband (as I suffered with 3 mobile broadband for a few months)., but my question is - do I need a new sim card to avail of faster 3G speeds.. I seem to remember reading the meteor 3g broadband trial thread that they were handing out new Sim cards to trialists.

..but if my phone is displaying 3G should I be able to access it? I'll be getting a MicroSim in a few weeks which should answer this question but thought I'd put the question to you all firstly.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

last time i ran a speed test on the phone with meteors 3G i got 2 mb/s +

might be area congestion or problem with a phone

EDIT: and im using the same sim card since i got my first phone years ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

last time i ran a speed test on the phone with meteors 3G i got 2 mb/s +

might be area congestion or problem with a phone

EDIT: and im using the same sim card since i got my first phone years ago :)

Yeah, just tried again there now:

898782536.png

It's whizzing along now. I'm in an estate, there's probably a few broadband to go sticks around here during the evening then. Plus, it shows 3.5 instead of 3G now.

Advertisement