Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three vs 02 for the iPhone (coverage wise)

Options
  • 31-07-2010 9:53pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭

About switching as 3's tariff seems to be better, am a bit worried about coverage though (am in D18).

Thinking about buying a 3pay sim and giving it a go (although that would be in a normal phone and not an iPhone)

Anyone have any Problems with coverage after switching?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Just remember that neither 3 nor Vodafone do not offer EDGE which is the high speed 2G connectivity that bridges the gap between 2G and 3G.

This may not seem like a huge deal as you'd assume that 3G coverage is good on these networks however, because 3G signals are on 2100mhz as opposed to 900mhz for 2G you do not get the same level of coverage indoors.

EDGE provides a reasonable browsing speed and access to email, apps etc in a usable way. Plain old GPRS data on vodafone renders your data services almost unusable and as far as I am aware if you've no 3G coverage in urban areas on 3 you just have no signal at all!!

O2 and meteor both support EDGE and in my honest opinion are far better smart phone networks than either vodafone or 3 as a result!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Spooky1666

O2 definitely. It has the best balance for coverage between all different signals.
    I am currently with them and am very happy :)
    P.S if you ever get in trouble with three your doomed :) because their customer service is beyond horrible :)

Advertisement