Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Feel like I'm back to square one!!

• 31-07-2010 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry for the rant, but I just need to vent this somewhere as it's driving me mad!

I posted on this thread a while back about being in a home for 16/17 years, in which alot of domestic violence events occured....I got some good advice here, and went forward to seek professional help from my college doctor, a psyciatrist and a councellor. I attended these for quite some time and got on quite well or at least I think I did??

I had moved away 250kms or so to college and travelled home on a weekly basis, to see my younger sibling and basically keep an eye on how things were since I wasn't there during the week, as all you would get on the phone is half the story.

Circumstances in the last 3/4 years since moving away are generally not as intense or as physical as they were going back 16/17 years ago, back then some of the events were dramatic, and will never leave my head nor that of my older sibling.

I limited communication mid-week while I was away from home, to say one phone call for my own sake as I couldn't cope with the daily calls, heated conversations. I never once since I moved away recieved a call from my 'dad', he is the one person who I resent or hate for all the hurt and pain that he has caused!

Anyway, My issue is now that I am back at home for the summer I am ready to crack up! I don't communicate in any form or another with him, I simply just walk past him, make sure his dinner is on the table on time to avoid confrontation and arguements. Thing is I can't do this anymore...!! It's doing my head in, I will be open and tell ye I am taking anti-depressants and have been doing so for some time but nobody except my doctors know, I couldn't even tell my mother as she actually would be ashamed of me....

Can anyone recommend how I can get through the rest of the summer? I am planning to move away again on the 30th of August, I just need to survive here until then!!

Advertisement