Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car boots rip off

Options
  • 31-07-2010 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

i just noticed that a few carboots in cork and the wexford area are charging 2 euro per person to enter .surely they are getting enough from the vendors one is even boasting it been the biggest carboot in ireland.i dont mind paying for parking but what next in rip of republic start charging the customer to walk around a shop .they will say its to do with overheads i say its greed i will be staying away for one:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

no car boot sale that tries to charg in will last any amount of time, they will be the ones who pay in the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

If it is an good it is worth the e2.

I have been to these car boot sales that were run by t*****rs and the stuff on sale was utter cr*p or else stolen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Balbriggan charge €2 to drive in and I think its €1 for foot passengers! They do have a sign on the gate that says they given a donation to some old folks place in Balbriggan. Don't know how true that is seeing as they also have a sign saying 'no counterfeit dvds or cigarette sales allowed' and they're blatently selling them just inside the gate! :eek:

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

no car boot sale that tries to charg in will last any amount of time, they will be the ones who pay in the end
    The one in Wexford is surviving. Tho I think they call it a car park fee. In spite of the fact theres nowhere else to park if you want to go to the cbs. They tried to charge a friend the same fee to walk in (he was on a bike). He told them where they could stick it. :)

The indoor market in Wexford tried charging when they started, but I dont think they do now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Balbriggan charge €2 to drive in and I think its €1 for foot passengers! They do have a sign on the gate that says they given a donation to some old folks place in Balbriggan. Don't know how true that is seeing as they also have a sign saying 'no counterfeit dvds or cigarette sales allowed' and they're blatently selling them just inside the gate! :eek:

they won't last long, the Gardai will sort that out, that's why the Blackhorse Market in Inchicore was shut down, guys selling pirate dvds, r4 cards, etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

they won't last long, the Gardai will sort that out, that's why the Blackhorse Market in Inchicore was shut down, guys selling pirate dvds, r4 cards, etc

youde be surprised how long they could get away with it

i was down meath st markets a couple of weeks ago on a sunday and they have a few massive stalls selling fake nike airmax for €40 euro a pair and fake nike tracksuits for €25 i think

not small stalls either ,the guy with the airmax shoes has loads of stock sitting around (wider range of styles and colurs than lifestyle and jjb)

Advertisement