Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current weather conditions - August 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Cloudy all day(again) in Castlebar,rain not to far away now.Light breeze,16 Degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

rain stopping 14c
    god i'd love a sun holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Thunder and lightening since 4am here in Slovakia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Dull morning with passing showers. Bloody miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Cool,grey morning with a couple of light showers. 15c but feels nearer 11 or 12c.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

warm,damp,windy

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Leitmotif of mountain to mountain rain, mist... wet..

Chilly too.

Some sun yesterday and a warm wind to dry washing by; a welcome pause indeed.

Dull in Castlebar with showery outbreaks of rain,heavy at times.15 degrees.light to moderate Westerly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Nearby passing shower, 14 degrees, slight breeze .

Anyone notice Shannon radar is back on ( for the moment)

Cancel the nearby ... It's raining now ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Basically another ****e evening with light showers and plenty of cloud that isn't even dark enough to be interesting, just the usual glaring bleached crap. I can safely say that Tuam has had about 10 mins of sunshine in total so far this month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dull, Damp, Drizzly, Dreary, DEPRESSING

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Terrible night here in Sligo as NW airflow continues unabated. We could see an end in this next week but by then there will have been 11 days in a row (of August) of the Northwesterly. Just trying to think what its like.
    Say Sligo is Irelands nose (I know, Achill Island is) in this case. Then someone called Atlantis gets a bucket of water and throws it Irelands face. The nose will be really wet (Sligo) the eyes and mouth and some of the hair will be wet too (Connaught and Ulster) and the back of the head and back of the neck not so wet (Munster and Leinster). This is what the weather is like now. Though I appreciate everywhere is getting showers today. As well as that did the sun blow up in this solar storm because I havent seen it since that thing was mentioned except for maybe a minute yesterday.

Ill finish with a fact. 24mm of rain so far in Sligo this August. A drought I guess when compared to July (192mm)

Aye the West and North West do bare the brunt of this type of weather,mind you i popped into Sligo airport last Sunday-not a bad day at all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

pauldry wrote: »
    Say Sligo is Irelands nose (I know, Achill Island is) in this case. Then someone called Atlantis gets a bucket of water and throws it Irelands face. The nose will be really wet (Sligo) the eyes and mouth and some of the hair will be wet too (Connaught and Ulster) and the back of the head and back of the neck not so wet (Munster and Leinster).

Sligo certainly has a rough climate alright being totally exposed to those raw and brutal NW winds. During SW winds, we tend to get the brunt here up the N17 corridor from Galway City up through SE Mayo into NW Roscommon as we are the only inland areas of the country that are totally exposed to the SW winds with little or no high ground on the bay coast to absorb moisture as it is pumped up. One thing in our favour though is the SW winds are usual warm and balmy, unless it is a return polar maritime of course which tend to bring the most cold and brutal showers of the winter and spring here.

Another grey,boring day. 16c.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

meh!

Fcuk me!! The sun just came out,where's my shorts?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

nicest day in age:D breezy and bit cloudy but pleasant and im liking the look of next week from tuesday on !!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

some good sunny spells now,17 deg, light westerly winds

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

The heavens just opened up here in finglas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Very heavy & frequent showers here in Greystones all morning. Another one right now (2.05pm). Pretty sure we heard a clap of thunder earlier too.

Heard there was lightening in Donnybrook, Dublin this morning.

A fairly bright afternoon in Castlebar,but a good deal of cloud also.dry and mild in a light breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

BRRRR it's freezing(i'am) going to put the heating on,,,

The afternoon picked up nicely the sun is out and tis quite pleasent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

havent seen rte get a prediction so wrong in quite a while , as recently as thursday , they were predicting eight days of extremley unsettled weather ( especially the 1st half of next week ) yet its all changed , today was a fine day , tomorrow is to be equally good , 1st half of the week is to be somewhat showery ( nothing major ) and after that its fine summer weather , my brother is raging as he made silage in wet weather yesterday , thinking it was a case of might aswell do it early when thiers no fine weather on the horizon :mad:

Pleasantly uneventful out there - mild, milky sun and no wind.

Dry and bright in Castlebar this morning,mild to with little wind.cloud on the increase from an approaching front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Mild and breezy. Generally overcast with occasional splashes of sunshine - 16.5C

Cloud starting to build up after a lovely sunny morning.17 deg,wind freshing from the southwest.As an aside i counted 14 contrails over bantry bay this morning all visible at the same time most heading south (ish)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

lovely warm sunny day(for a change:))

Advertisement