Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Current weather conditions - August 2010

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

glorious wall to wall sunshine all afternoon,almost feels like summer :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

YAy cloud is clearing nearly all gone and its glourious now! Soon it will be dark and then we will drop to 4c, mmmm .. hopefully maybe even lower! The max tomorrow is 24c yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

owenc wrote: »
    I doubt its splitting the trees, the current temp is 15c and its still cloudy but its clearing.....:( i can't wait too tomorrow and tonight if this cloud clears away and that crap dosen't come over from scotland.:rolleyes: This weather makes it even more boring! Edit: Min upgraded to 4c! This cloud really is taking ages to leave ugh!

Sorry mate but a cloud never got in the way of the sun all day...
    Hoipe for the same tomorrow as it couldn't get better...

Currently 11c and dropping with wall to wall clearness lol.

But whats interesting is i can see a cloud that is over the atlantic ocean into the hebrides, how is that possible, it must be very high?

EDIT: just looked out and there is a mist forming just three small fields away from me weird!! very cold tonight i think!

Sorry mate but a cloud never got in the way of the sun all day...
    Hoipe for the same tomorrow as it couldn't get better...

Aye except it'll be far warmer mmm.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,202 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Cloudy all day in Castlebar(again),little wind,mild.Had to go to Beaumount earlier today,a lovely sunny day in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Cloudy all day in Castlebar(again),little wind,mild.Had to go to Beaumount earlier today,a lovely sunny day in Dublin.

Clearance moving in from the east at last. Cloud edge now directly over me with hazy pink clearness bearing down from the middlelands!!!!!

Looking North: (crap quality)

124157.jpg

Sat pic around time photo was taken (9.30pm)

124159.jpg
    (Me in pink spot)

The promise of tomorrow....:)

Quality is grand,must take a quick look out now before its really dark and see the clearance.badly in need of a good sunny day,its been non stop cloud in the SW,W,NW lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭quodec

Just looking at Deep Easterly's photo of the cloud cover reminded of of the bank of cloud sitting over north Leinster yesterday morning (14th August). Unfortunately I didn't take a photo but it was vaguely reminiscent of the Morning Glory cloud phenomenon which occurs over northern Australia - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0kkIUozMEE. Anyone notice it - in the general Louth area? It was a continuous straight line of white cloud, backed up by cloud cover behind (I'm a newbie here, so don't know the technical terms). I've been interested in cloudspotting for many years now and have to say it was an amazing sight. It was obviously the separation of cloud over the West of Ireland from the sunny East.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭pauldry

Clearance moving in from the east at last. Cloud edge now directly over me with hazy pink clearness bearing down from the middlelands!!!!!

Looking North: (crap quality)

124157.jpg

Sat pic around time photo was taken (9.30pm)

124159.jpg
    (Me in pink spot)

The promise of tomorrow....:)

Great Photo DE saw that type of cloud exactly whilst down at lough Gill. I hadnt seen that much widespread blue or red sky since August began. Tomorrow is the Summer. We will all get over 20c and hopefully over 23 or 24 in some places though not sure if that is over optimistic.

• Advertisement

Ahhh great when i got up an hour ago there was frost on car we got down to 4c! Lovely now with due ahhh it feels like winter mmm not a cloud either, sigh that i have to wait ages for this..

*sigh* wee tooty clouds forming already for jesus sake! Currently 17c and wall to wall sunshine with wee clouds, maybe 25c? Without wind! Still 8c at castlederg thats awful:eek: Edit; now that we've got the perfect conditions ballykelly is rising as slow as hell only 16c flip its 19c here, i wonder what eglinton is, if its higher i'll follow that as i know its far warmer than 16c anyway! *sigh*! Why does it always have to be like this no 20c within the next hour anyway! wawa was hoping 25c, and this was our last chance oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Glorious morning. still and warm sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Blue skies, gentle breeze & glorious, glorious sunshine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Gorgeous morning here. 18c and sunny with only a gentle breeze.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭John mac

Sun splitting the stones :)

(now if i could get my hands on a lawnmower)

ditto 17c here:cool:

19c in a number of the met stations at 11am so they should get into the early 20s , possibly peaking at 23

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

wall to wall sun, 19 deg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Fionagus wrote: »
    glorious, glorious sunshine :)

Almost unreal isn't it? :) July was a very dull month but I think August has been even worse up to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

was gorgeous,cleaned up the garden walked the dogs down by the river got a couple of chairs out and its getting cloudy :(
    high cloud moveing in and making the sunshine hazy 19.6c
    f#####g sick of this cloud this summer........

• Advertisement

As I look out the window the clouds are moving from left to right for the first time this month. Up to today its been right to left. My head cant adjust to this I think im getting migraine:)

Some "last warm day" this is, 22c here and rising super slowly with little wind how thick is that and as well as that **** clouds are forming typical can this bloody place have sunshine for once jesus, and the **** hayfever is kicking in aswell i just wish it was winter - back to rain tomorrow again... sigh i wish it would just click to winter over night instead of autumn i can't stick it.

Just looking at www.nra.ie there at the weather reports. Only looked at the Sligo area but the road temp in Collooney is 40.4C.

Ya could fry an egg on that:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Waterford and Fermoy over 46c road temp :D

Beautiful here all day, but getting a lot of cloud now. Satellite view @1.50pm

http://a.imageshack.us/img844/2138/n1bcurr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭IMC042

Getting a little cloudy here in cork now too, beautiful though. I've noticed this summer that Sundays seems to be the warmest and sunniest days of the weeks. Anyone else notice this?

Warmest day we've had in ages, upto 24c here, after 4c last night! (god haven't had that since start of bloody july!) with little wind, but sadly it has been ruined by something as per usual which is cloud, and too my north its completely clear stopping us from reaching about 25c, anyway will this rubbish crap clear for tonight i want another clear cool night?

Could someone tell me what is wrong with that eglinton/londonderry station it was 23c their 30 minutes ago and now its 19c and its sunny their it can't just drop like that, still 24c here, in the winter sometimes i would be 2c and an hour later it would drop too -4c!

Nice sunny day in Castlebar,gentle breeze in the afternoon.a steady 22 degrees throughout the afternoon.evening beginning to shortn!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,573 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

I don't normally post my weather here every day, but we've just had the two hottest days of our summer on Saturday and Sunday, with clear skies and highs near 34 C. Last year we hit an all-time record of 38 C on July 30-31 at this location, so not that far off a repeat. You wouldn't want it this hot, I am sure. But at least the humidity here is tolerable, dew points are around 15 C.

My location is about 10 miles east of Vancouver airport (YVR) which runs a bit cooler than here due to a weak seabreeze. I'm about dead centre in an urban area of two million people so the nights stay pretty warm here, 19-20 C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

owenc wrote: »
    Warmest day we've had in ages, upto 24c here, after 4c last night! (god haven't had that since start of bloody july!) with little wind, but sadly it has been ruined by something as per usual which is cloud, and too my north its completely clear stopping us from reaching about 25c, anyway will this rubbish crap clear for tonight i want another clear cool night?

Wow 4c , and Ballykelly weather station , the closest to coleraine only got to 7.6c last night!

Eoin , just because it was 4c in south Armagh doesn't mean it was 4c in coleraine by the coast , more like 10c!

Advertisement