Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current weather conditions - August 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

owenc wrote: »
    Could someone tell me what is wrong with that eglinton/londonderry station it was 23c their 30 minutes ago and now its 19c and its sunny their it can't just drop like that, still 24c here, in the winter sometimes i would be 2c and an hour later it would drop too -4c!

What kind of weather station do you own?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Wow 4c , and Ballykelly weather station , the closest to coleraine only got to 7.6c last night!

Eoin , just because it was 4c in south Armagh doesn't mean it was 4c in coleraine by the coast , more like 10c!

Erm naw go f yourself, you got a shouten by jake 1 the other day you'd have think you'd have learned your lesson:mad: and anyway it actually got to 6c at ballykelly, and no it didn't get to 10c here and its already below that here, so stfu.:P and the last time i checked i lived in a valley on the edge of a hill so that cool air can float down and plus kilowen is right on the coast.

Erm naw go f yourself, you got a shouten by jake 1 the other day you'd have think you'd have learned your lesson:mad: and anyway it actually got to 6c at ballykelly, and no it didn't get to 10c here and its already below that here, so stfu.:P and the last time i checked i lived in a valley on the edge of a hill so that cool air can float down and plus kilowen is right on the coast.

Look , i didn't get shouten by anybody? Now I know why you were banned. Am I wrong but are you frostyjoe over on netweather were you are always been proven wrong on your temp readings , wouldn't you have learned your lesson? Over there youve said your only at 38m asl and live 5 miles from the sea(not very favourable for low overnight mins at all).

Again I ask what type of weather station you use , if you don't awnser I presume you don't have one and that you just make up your readings in your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Current conditions thread, try keep it that way please. This is not a place for winding people up or for arguments, it is for reports of current meteorological conditions. Any more off topic posts will be deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

current conditions clear but with cloud slowly building 12.1c

bed

• Advertisement

Bye bye summer welcome autumn, no more 20c anymore, a bit sad as i was expecting sunshine until this after noon but its pure cloudy and depressing, amazing how quick this can change.

Cloudy, 9c after a min of 7c, expecting about 15c max, which i will get all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

The Bangor microclimate is well in operation here this morning - bright and sunny with high-level cirrus not thick enough yet to block the sun. Feels really warm as well at 17.3C :cool:

The weekend was just wonderful here with clear, blue skies and full sunshine both days - a reminder of what we've been missing this summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Rain has just started.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Hazy but still warm and mild with very little breeze in Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Morning! Long time no post... good to be back.

Well Dromahair was hot hot hot (26 Degrees) yesterday but this morning so far is grey with a light shower earlier.... fingers crossed (very scientific!) for an improvement later this morning...

Cat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

well after a half decent day yesterday,its cloudy and rain doesn't look to far away,cool 12.1c

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Back to grey boringness. 15c.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Heavy rain on and off this morning and the misht is down in westport.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Dry and cloudy,15 deg,very light winds

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Bye bye summer welcome autumn, no more 20c anymore, a bit sad as i was expecting sunshine until this after noon but its pure cloudy and depressing, amazing how quick this can change.

Cloudy, 9c after a min of 7c, expecting about 15c max, which i will get all week.

Autumn in Ireland usually starts a lot earlier than the seasons in Europe, Ive come to the conclusion that our seasons are as follows:
    Winter: Nov, Dec, Jan
    Spring: Feb, March, April
    Summer: May, June, July
    Autumn: August, Sept, Oct

After all the talk of heavy rain this morning, weve barely had any at all, mainly drizzle. Ive had a walk around town this morning and all i got was a bit damp. Very humid out though, 15.3c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

16c here. dry so far. have somehow escaped the initial band of rain that is spreading eastwards. Rain seems to be less organised than I thought it would be. Northern parts look like they will see most of rain

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭fishmahboi

White cloud here 18c here

Web_radar.gif

I think there may be a problem with the radar , it has been showing heavy rain here for an hour or so.

Although it remains completely dry here at the moment.

I think there may be a problem with the radar , it has been showing heavy rain here for an hour or so.

You should also check the 3 hour radar because according to the 3 hour radar that rainfall does not exist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

rain very light(odd spot here and there)not even wetting the ground,been watching the radar it should of been raining the last 2 hours here........

• Advertisement

Currently raining really heavy drizzle in a really heavy mist, in little wind with a temp of 15c, what a contrast to yesterday when it was 24c ,now we are straight into autumn everyone was raging this morning planning b&qs and all.. absolutely drenched now nearly flooded.. so anyone who says the radar is wrong is talking ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,516 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

I'm sure they are not talking **** for their locations, the problem is that radar sometimes picks up virga, precip that does not reach the ground, and so the indication of rain reaching the surface is faulty although the radar itself is working fine. I think that's what happened in many parts of the south and even central counties, but the heavier bands of rain in the north don't appear much heavier than the virga does on radar.

"Hope that helps." (I'm sure you've seen that somewhere before) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

rain, misty, rain ... all day..

Ok this is getting a bit bad now 14c , misty and still raining 12 hours later, you'd wonder when the hell that atlantic would stop!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Rain/drizzle in Castlebar all day.mild,little wind.Low cloud on the hills etc etc,some difference from yesterday!

Rains pretty moderate on my end.
    I am chancing that rain may get a little bit lighter though

Far from completely dry in Sligo 16mm of rain thus far bringing the monthly total to 55mm. This is now running above normal :eek::eek::eek:. Ah no theres no need to panic just a really wet dark day and the temperature only got to 15

I'm sure they are not talking **** for their locations, the problem is that radar sometimes picks up virga, precip that does not reach the ground, and so the indication of rain reaching the surface is faulty although the radar itself is working fine. I think that's what happened in many parts of the south and even central counties, but the heavier bands of rain in the north don't appear much heavier than the virga does on radar.

"Hope that helps." (I'm sure you've seen that somewhere before) :D

Its been lashing Virga here today:confused::p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Dry at the minute with some breaks in the cloud. Not sure how long that will last though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

The clouds have broken here and it's now sunny after a very wet night!

15C

Advertisement