Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current weather conditions - August 2010

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

23.4c here now. Was not expectaing that today. Shower line/cold front just to my west so will not last too long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

It was 19C at 6.30AM in Galway City. Now 17C in a strong SW'ly breeze. More blue sky than cloud at the moment making a pleasant change from the usual grey monotony of summer 2010:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

DOCARCH wrote: »
    23.4c here now. Was not expectaing that today. Shower line/cold front just to my west so will not last too long.

Well it seems that it efffected southern ireland worse, as we had 22c here and it only dropped to 20c and now its back to 21c but its windy and down there its like 15c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 haveablast

Kinda cold, very wet and fairly windy in Mullingar!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Dry and breezy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Temp back down to 16c following a downpour. Very grey still.:(

Fionagus wrote: »
    It was 19C at 6.30AM in Galway City. Now 17C in a strong SW'ly breeze. More blue sky than cloud at the moment making a pleasant change from the usual grey monotony of summer 2010:)

Me and my big mouth!! Bucketing down now :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

20 deg,wall to wall sun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Fionagus wrote: »
    Me and my big mouth!! Bucketing down now :(

Back to bright 'n' breezy now. Feels pleasantly warm to.

Back to bright 'n' breezy now. Feels pleasantly warm to.

Blue skies & sunshine here again - have probably jinxed it now though;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

Absolutely gorgeous day here - it's sunny, breezy and surprisingly warm at 23C - the westerly wind really helps boost the temperature here :)

A glorious 22.2c here in south wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A lovely day in Castlebar,dry and mostly sunny if a little on the windy side.17 Degrees atm.1008.Gusty SW'LY.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Oh what a beautiful day that was and was lucky enough to be out playing golf.

Gorgeous afternoon and evening,lovely and sunny. Highest it got was 21c,back to 17c now.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

horrible morning here. clare seems to be singled out this morning. Talk about an isolated shower (not referring to Clare people)

Web_radar.gif

Rain has arrived - 16C, grey & gloomy!

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    horrible morning here. clare seems to be singled out this morning. Talk about an isolated shower (not referring to Clare people)

Web_radar.gif

That seems to have spung up pretty suddenly, will keep a looky out here for it as it skirts by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

glorious sunshine now and warm

The Irish weather, brought to you by ....showlogo-jekyll_hyde.jpg

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    glorious sunshine now and warm

The Irish weather, brought to you by ....showlogo-jekyll_hyde.jpg

That feature, as expected, just skirted to my south. No rain, no sun, just the usual:
    ciranol_1215_lightgrey.jpg

Anyway, gonna see if I can get to Longford before that shower does. The race is on!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

sunny spells,17 deg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Got a fairly heavy shower in Limerick about an hour ago. Now fair and feeling pleasant.

After a damp, grey start it's brightened up considerably. 18C, sunshine, and fast-moving cloud in a brisk SW'ly breeze.

Dry and sunny for the most part in Castlebar.warm too.clear now.12 Degrees.1014.More or less calm.

good sunny spells,16 deg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Summery, last of it by the sounds of it.

Beautiful sunny morning here,18c and feeling it.:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

19.5c lovely sunny morning but a little cloudy now but still nice and dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

Very pleasant afternoon here - just had lunch outside in the back garden in the sun. It does feel cool though when any clouds come over. 19.1C and much less humid than yesterday.

About 7pm yesterday evening we had an almighty downpour with several rumbles of thunder and a nice display of mammatus clouds :)

• Advertisement

A lovely clear start to the day in Castlebar,however cloud soon built up and by early afternoon there was showers about,fairly scattered and localised but where they did occur there were some very bursts of rain.Fairly mild at around 17 Degrees,these dropping a good bit when a shower comes along.1008.light SW'LY.

Advertisement