Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F**king dog

• 01-08-2010 12:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

Just home from a day that started at 7am and our neighbours piece of **** dog is barking and squealing. Fu*ker woke me up at 3am yesterday, oh is just finished a string of 3 twelve hour shifts. I'm sitting here seething in hate, what are my options?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Shock collar. Put it on yourself & enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Get a piece of meat, put a dishwasher tablet in it, give it to the dog and come morning, the owner will think it had rabies and put it down :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

efla wrote: »
    Just home from a day that started at 7am and our neighbours piece of **** dog is barking and squealing. Fu*ker woke me up at 3am yesterday, oh is just finished a string of 3 twelve hour shifts. I'm sitting here seething in hate, what are my options?

Leave him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

WindSock wrote: »
    Shock collar. Put it on yourself & enjoy.

Why would he wanna put it on himself, it's the dog that's barking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

****ing human.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Say to the neighbours the dogs barking is annoying you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Go clubbing, it's Saturday night,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Invest in a number of pairs of ear plugs:)

http://www.handyhardware.ie/cat/Ear-Defenders-Ear-Plugs/113/1045

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Take dog, make mince meat of him using spud masher, add the "dog mince" into a lasagna, invite neighbour over for dinner to mourne the recent loss of their beloved pooch.

Sit there, watch them eat it/him and just laugh randomly.

They'll think you're "barking" mad and never come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Bark back at the dog.

My dad did it one night at the neighbours dog. It didn't really work but it was fucking hilarious!! Nothing like listening to a grown man impersonate a Rottweiler at half 2 in the morning. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Kick him in the face with your Hush Puppies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

Call in and give out to them, explain that he is seriously interrupting your sleep and if that fails get the cops in. Noise pollution or something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

steak garnished with rat poison could be an option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Giving it ten minutes than i'm heading over. Think they're out though, we're in a small apartment block, their building is beside ours, little ****e is out in their garden. They just moved in yesterday, think i'll welcome them with a sack of doorknobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Dogs are great. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

scudzilla wrote: »
    Why would he wanna put it on himself, it's the dog that's barking

After a little S&M relief, he won't care ;)

Maybe.

WindSock wrote: »
    After a little S&M relief, he won't care ;)

Maybe.

This is true. Seems to have stopped for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Have some sexy time with your neighbours wife.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

steak garnished with rat poison could be an option
    Nah, that's ****ing evil. For one thing it'd be hard to get the dog to eat enough rat poison to kill it relatively quickly so the poor thing will suffer a while.
    If you're going to kill something, man up and do it properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Serious suggestion that I read on a pet care website, if the dog is not scary or aggressive/you reckon the owners won't kick the snot out of you/you can get near the dog, get a spray bottle of water and when it barks, spritz it lightly in the face (not in the eyes). When you do it, say "quiet". It'll distract the dog enough that after a bit of repetition, it'll figure out to stop barking when you say "quiet".

That or tell the neighbours to stop neglecting the poor thing and to train it properly. It's not that hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭coadyd

earplugs are probably fastest soulition :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Buy a bear...nobody wants to fight a bear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Hedman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Hank_Jones wrote:

Dogs are great. :p

I must agree. That's an old dog though.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭antocann

no it aint is sunday,

just have a word wih your neighber tell them what u posted here and see where it goes from there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭johndoe99

write a letter and drop it in his letterbox outlying the problem, tellin him if he dont sort it, you'll be reporting him.

If that fails, break all his windows.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Why haven't you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

I believe MiciG91 knows a thing or two about handling household pets, give him a PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Giving it ten minutes than i'm heading over. Think they're out though, we're in a small apartment block, their building is beside ours, little ****e is out in their garden. They just moved in yesterday, think i'll welcome them with a sack of doorknobs.

So, what happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

So, what happened?

Dog ate him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

They only moved in so it's a new strange palce to the dog so he will bark. When he settles in it should be fine.

**AH REPLY**

Go over, kill the dog, chop his head, sneak into the neighbours house and put it on the pillow next to him/her.

Giggadygoo

Nobody home last night, he stopped around half two then kicked off again at six. I'll call over if we see someone around the house today. I'd rather go over nice and angry during the night for greater effect...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Nevore wrote: »
    Nah, that's ****ing evil. For one thing it'd be hard to get the dog to eat enough rat poison to kill it relatively quickly so the poor thing will suffer a while.

perhaps it wasnt intended for the dog

• Advertisement
Advertisement