Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Felt QX75 v Trek Valencia

• 01-08-2010 12:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭

Hullo enthusiasts,

I'm helping my friend decide on a bike, he wants it for cycling on the road, with the occasional mountain trip (not through rivers or rough ground etc)

Our little research to date has shown two lovely bikes that we'd like more opinions on please.

Trek or Felt

There were a couple of previous threads on the Felt which were mostly favorable. So, any thoughts?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Bit of variation in the geometry there - Trek has a longer looking wheelbase with a slightly greater angle on the headtube.

Any cost guide to give us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Thanks for that. The felt is 569 pretty much everywhere although Hollingsworth would get a 10% discount for students. The Trek is 649.

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Can you try both?

I'll try! :) Trying to keep him away from a big mountain bike in Halfords at the moment. Any good stores open today? Eurocycles is open from Midday, but any others?

Thanks

Wheelworx Liffey Valley or the Cycle Inn long Mile road.

http://www.wheelworxbikes.com/
    http://www.thecycleinn.com/

Staggs in Lucan is also open but it usually mega busy.

http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/home.asp
    www.cycleways.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭zindicato

hshortt wrote: »
    I'll try! :) Trying to keep him away from a big mountain bike in Halfords at the moment. Any good stores open today? Eurocycles is open from Midday, but any others?

Thanks
    heya if your friend is looking for a bike i have a specialized sirrus elite 2010 model for sale have it for 3 months now costs 796 brand new will let it go for 500 will come with locks lights, pump and computer based in harolds cross

Thanks for the links BostonB I'll have a check. Do you know if these types of bikes are normally available immediately or have they to be ordered and collected later?

@Zindicato, that looks like a lovely bike, really nice. He has his passion on the disc type brakes though so that's a no go. But if the accessories are available let me know the details and I'll put that forward.

Thanks all,

Depends on what they have sold or how common it is. I assume.

Wheelworx have a bunch of felt hybrids with discs if thats of interest.

Wheelworx were very good thanks for the tip. He got a Felt Qx 85 in the end. More expensive but smile inducing.

Thanks.

Very Nice bike, been considering one of them myself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement