Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawn mower recommendation

Options
  • 01-08-2010 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

Hi there just laid a lawn its about 2 weeks old , it took 32 rolls of lawn sods

and i believe i can cut it after that,its about 4 inches high

any recommendations on a good genuine lawnmower, but she doesnt want petrol or electric, guess its push power

i dont want to get something that will pull up the grass and i hear the barrel ones are good, i want a box on it to catch grass as well,

do they come that you can gauge the height etc im in dublin south side

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

In a manual mower you'll only really get a cylinder mower. I had the one in the link below and it worked grand for years. I had to get a petrol after I moved to a house with a larger garden. A few drops of 3 in 1 oil every now and then keeps it tip top. It'll probably need sharpening every few years. Cylinder mowers are supposed to better for the grass (so I've heard) but not being an expert I can tell you why.

The one in link is very similar to the one I had.

http://www.buy4now.ie/woodiesdiy/productdetail.aspx?pid=5271&loc=P&catid=102.10.3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Too soon to cut with a push mower? Most push mowers come with some form of blade height adjustment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

so how long before u cut with mower ??

should i use shears first?

Advertisement