Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dublin eye.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Degsy wrote: »

Harry can stick his "attraction" up his hole.

I'd pay 9 euro to see that :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Bambi wrote: »
    I'd pay 9 euro to see that :pac:

"Harry's Hoop up Harry's Hoop".

sugarman wrote: »

"People paid 9 euro to go on this shiite":D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

i went on it at the weekend and was pretty impressed. it was fun, 15mins and the commentary from newstalk was interesting too. A bit windy up there and the pod was rocking a bit which was good too.
    BTW ive been to the london eye and was bored senseless on it-huge que and price to match.
    €7quid for 15mins is not bad.
    The view was a mixture of things, put the bay/port area into perspective for me of how close things are but seem so far away when travelling by public transport.
    the view of the aviva was cool and for me seeing the ships and containers etc was interesting (although i know thats not everybodys taste)
    staff were really nice too.
    some people's attitude on this thread is pretty bad, no one forcing them to go up it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

it's only going to be there for two years. Then going to some other city. The confrence centre is now open so more tourists equals more customers. The hotel will do very well. Expensive rooms for artists and other rooms for people attending the point. The hotel beside croke park is performing very well. And th

• Advertisement

ted1 wrote: »
    Expensive rooms for artists

Like Van Gough?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Smiley Laura

Guys I have a problem in relation to the Dublin Eye...I think I left mt glasses on it!:o Anyone know the number I can ring for lost property? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Try the booking office 01 855 9204

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

That youtube video looks cool I was ment to go on it a few weeks back but was raining really bad so was not bothered will have to go soon!!! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Harry's dropped his prices.......no option I guess....

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/1012/breaking40.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I enjoyed my trip on it in August. Perfect day - sunny, warm, no clouds and in the evening. That said, I did think €9 was steep. a fiver is more like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Fiver only on selective mornings though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Must say I think it looks remarkably fairground and temporary - I still haven't been on it but when they were putting it up a lot of the containers had "The Belfast eye" stamped on. Did they take one down up there and assemble it here or something?

Wrong place for it and not tall enough to give the best view. Complete gimmick which isn't helped by Anglos' abject failure getting in the way of the view of the city - should be sold off or demolished, preferably the latter.

In other news, the video above is now private. What a twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

sdonn wrote: »
    Must say I think it looks remarkably fairground

The ferris wheel looks fairground? :o
    Wrong place for it and not tall enough to give the best view

Remarkable observations for someone who hasn't been on it. Do you review movies that haven't been made too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Wrong place for it

Where else would Harry Crosbie put it? It's not a corporation-owned enterprise, it's owned and operated by a private business. It's costing us nothing in tax (unlike most things in the "right place" in this city :rolleyes:) and seems to be quite popular.

Haven't been on myself yet. Wanted to two weeks ago when we were leaving the O2 after a show but the size of the pods put me off. I'm a bit claustrophobic. I was on the London Eye and that was fine but the pods on this one are much smaller. Might chance it on a quiet day when there's less chance of other people being in the pod with me.

John_Rambo wrote: »
    The ferris wheel looks fairground? :o

Remarkable observations for someone who hasn't been on it. Do you review movies that haven't been made too?

I don't need to have been on it to know what can be seen from the top. I was also complaining about the eyesore that's in the way of the view of the city. I've seen a video, seen pictures, and made a comment based on my (extremely good) local knowledge (I work nearby).

Take your smartass conclusions about me and shove them, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I don't need to have been on it to know what can be seen from the top.

I think you do really though.
    I've seen a video, seen pictures

I know, I canceled my Everest climb. Saw a few snaps and caught half a program on National Geographic about it. I just starved myself of oxygen and worked out on a stairmaster while watching it. Same thing.
    Take your smartass conclusions about me and shove them, please.

They are not about you, they are about your post. You are telling everyone that something is crap that you haven't tried yet, that's just silly sdonn. Don't knock it till you try it! ;)

Oh, by the way, Caution: Posts may contain any combination of personal opinion, common sense and humour. If you are sensitive to any of these please leave the internet!

John_Rambo wrote: »
    I think you do really though.

I know, I canceled my Everest climb. Saw a few snaps and caught half a program on National Geographic about it. I just starved myself of oxygen and worked out on a stairmaster while watching it. Same thing.

They are not about you, they are about your post. You are telling everyone that something is crap that you haven't tried yet, that's just silly sdonn. Don't knock it till you try it! ;)

Oh, by the way, Caution: Posts may contain any combination of personal opinion, common sense and humour. If you are sensitive to any of these please leave the internet!

You're still a smartass, but that post is so in line with my own sense of humour that I had to thank it.

Not a big enough deal for me to bother disagreeing with you over but I still reckon the view is shít from that part of town ;)

Advertisement