Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

greg cunningham

• 01-08-2010 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭

dont know where to put this thread.

I am just watching the Man city Inter match now and i think its very promising for the future of the Irish team that greg cunningham is playing. i know its only a pre-season friendly but all the other players playing are first team starters or players who will have a big part to play in the coming year and it can only mean good things for us if young players like this are going to be featuring for their clubs.

Is there many other players like cunningham who you expect to come on in terms of progression this season? i know he has not done anything yet but they have to start somewhere! the future for the middle of the park is looking bright with conor clifford and james mccarty and myler.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Didn't
    City lose 3-0, though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

From an Irish perspective there are a few players I think that are worth keeping an eye on.

Greg Cunningham.
    Seems to be very highly thought of by Mancini. As stated before he has featured a lot this pre-season with a lot of the first-teamers. I doubt though he will feature a lot in the Prem this season coming bar a few sub appearances.

Seamus Coleman.
    Really making an impact at Everton. Had some stand out performances last season for the Toffees, Moyes seems to be handling his progression very well. Many other managers would have thrown him into the deep end which could have seriously backfired, but sending him on loan to Blackpool did Coleman the world of good. After a good pre-season on their tour down under, I reckon Coleman could feature a fair bit for Everton and I wouldn't be surprised if he won a full cap before 2011.

James McCarthy.
    Another player who seems to be well man managed. Martinez gave him a while to settle in before making him a regular for Wigan and a regular is certainly what he is. This could be a big season for him and he could well be playmaker in chief at the DW alongside a few other promising players.

Darron Gibson.
    No question about his striking capabilities but there still is a doubt over his general midfield play. I think it is unfair to write him off just yet. I would prefer to make my judgement after he gets a string of 7 or 8 Prem starts, which- despite what some people may say about him-SAF could well give him. I have learnt my lesson after criticising Fletcher for a few seasons and couldn't for the life of me see what SAF saw in Fletcher, but that's what makes SAF a cut above 99% of other coaches and media 'experts'. I think we'll learn a lot regarding the future of Gibson this season

David Meyler.
    A promising few displays last season interupted by a nasty knee injury. At first diagnosis it looked as though we wouldn't see him at all this season but after reading a few reports it seems he is recovering well. Hopefully he can pick up from where he left off. Not a fancy centre-mid, but roles his sleeves up for 90mins and runs his socks off doing the basics, I think he even broke the all time premiership record for the amount of distance ran over one match. That energy could be well deployed at international level.

Any other kids worth keeping an eye on this season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

It'd be hard to see him faring well in the City side when they seem to be very happy to buy more well-known players.

He needs to leave City IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

I can't see him getting much of a look in at the same club as Kolarov and Bridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,279 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

lescott and barry can fill in at lb too, badly needs a move, hopefully a permanant one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

He HAS to leave this season, on loan anyway. He needs to get games to get experience. No point becoming yet another player wasted at a big team (or Man City either :D)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

lescott and barry can fill in at lb too, badly needs a move, hopefully a permanant one

And Jerome Boateng

Advertisement