Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infinity: The Quest for Earth (tech demo)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

is that the one with the procedurally generated worlds? back then there were no textures even, but they already had the landscaping going on. Even with the Computer advances since its hard to imagine the power it requires to generate one of these planets from scratch. The whole concept actually boggles me and I know a thing or two about programming. Like does the Server generate the planets and then how do they sync the planet information with clients without turning it into a colossal download?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,611 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Whoah; I had completely forgotten about this game, having reading of it a few years back on moddb.com. It's amazing that it's still in (slow) development. Reading through their site as a reminder, it certainly still seems to be staggeringly ambitious, I had already presumed it dead in the water.

All the same those lovely tech demos though; I wonder what the developers intend you can do, once you make planetfall. I very much doubt this will ever see the light of day though, a shame.

Advertisement