Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instant New Thread Notification?

Options
  • 01-08-2010 2:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭

Just reading about this on the vBulliten.org website.

Is it possible to have this feature on Boards?

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=243470

I know we can choose to have 'Daily Updates' by email ..

But, feel it would be a really great addition, if one of the options that users had when they are subscribing to each individual forum, was the ability to choose to have 'instant notification' of whenever 'new threads' are started.

Probably not possible, but if it was - it would be something I would use for at least four or five forums.

Especially with the less active forums where new threads are not a daily occurrence and so you wouldn't be as inclined to check them as much.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I like it, though I'm guessing it probably wouldn't be feasible for the larger forums. I'm sure there's gonna be some sort of problem with sending out mass emails every time a thread is started in AH or Soccer, for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

That plugin will not be installed for the following reasons:
    • It was made for vBulletin 4.x. We're running on vBulletin 3.x.
    • It is unmaintained.
    • Our version of vBulletin no longer has the ability to automatically install plugins.

I'm not too worried about the mail volume issue TBH.

This is a feature we have talked about in the office and we may include it in future development plans.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement