Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Digital SLR's

• 01-08-2010 10:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

Just looking for some input from you guys/girls
    I'm looking for a digital SLR for myself yet cant be expensive
    I'm looking to spend in the 200-350euro mark.
    Would i be better off buying new or second hand?
    What makes and models would you suggest?

I do like the Lumix G1

Thanks in advance..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

You're best to hit the used market with your budget. I was about the same, on my second used dslr now :)

Don't be afraid to be fussy even on a low budget though. remember whatever you buy should still be in great nick unless otherwise stated. Check adverts.ie [link to it at very top of this page]

If you have €350 look out for a Sony A230, brand new, before stocks are all gone. Sony have brought out 2 newer models and stores are off-loading the A230 pretty cheap, think you can get them for around €320 with kit lens. The newer models aren't any better, just re-designed and more megapixels. I had the older A200 and loved it ... until it fell ...

I got a Nikon D200 body for €370, which included 3 x 4GB cf cards. I've since traded one of those cards plus another 4GB one I had lying around, for a lowepro 100aw bag. You learn to mix and match and strike up good deals after searching the used market for a while.

Not sure if this is still available on adverts [as some sellers don't bother to mark them sold/withdrawn] - but it's right up your alley -

http://www.adverts.ie/210723/digital-cameras/panasonic-lumix-g1-with-14-45mm-lens/

Pretty sure you'd get it for less than 350, seller has dropped to €380 already but hasn't come back to verify if it's gone or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

thanks for the help

Unfortunately havent got the money right now but could be about a month or so
    To be honest, right now, i havent a clue about the right lens or what each and every option does. All i know is i love the art of photography and have been using a pretty crappy 5megapixel camera for a while.
    I've bought a couple of books on the ins and outs and might even do a short course on it.

Advertisement