Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puppy with white spots in her urine

Options
  • 01-08-2010 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Hi, have to bring our puppy to the vet but anyone any ideas what this could be? She was grand yesterday but we noticed some white spots in her urine. This morning she is off her food and very sleepy. She is only 9 weeks and was at the vet just last week for her first injection and she got a good going over by the vet who found nothing wrong. I'm thinking possibly urinary infection? Anyone any other suggestions as to what it might be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Phsyche

It sounds like a Urinary tract infection but a trip to the vet will determine what's wrong for definite. Try to get a sample to bring it in. Hope your pup feels better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

How soon should I get her to the vet? Is there any open over a bank holiday weekend? Mine is not unfortunatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I would call the vet, there should at least be a recorded message with an emergency number.
    Maybe someone else may know a vet that does emergency treatment, I take it you're in Bray?
    Sorry I'm nowhere near there so have no idea.
    Pups can go downhill very quickly, and it can be quite serious so please try and get the pup seen today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Urine analysis would be the best option. Sounds like a UTI. Anti-biotics will clear it up in no time!

I would get onto the vet ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Phsyche

After-Hours Veterinary Care

Brayvet Animal Hospital Old Conna ave Bray Co Wicklow

(01)2821909

Just google emergency vet in bray and go to Golden Pages. Try ringing a few of them. Most vets would have someone on call-out (or afterhours) duty.

You need to do it today if the pup is sleepy like you say it can be something serous.

Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Just wanted to post up the results. She basically had an upset stomach. Vet gave her 2 injections and told us not to feed her for 24 hours and then she got another two and she gave us some sensitive food. After the 24 hours she devoured the food and is now back on form. Also what may have upset her stomach, and we only realised this after a random conversation with the vet, she ate some of the babies rusk that fell on the floor last week before we could stop her and apparently there is something in it that gives dogs the runs and really upsets them. Lesson learned!

Advertisement