Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physical/Biological/Forensic Anthropology - Anyone??

Options
  • 01-08-2010 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hey there,

Just looking through the posts here and a lot seem to be about cultural and social anthropology, I just wondered if there were any physical anthropologists out there?:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

lassdara wrote: »
    Hey there,

Just looking through the posts here and a lot seem to be about cultural and social anthropology, I just wondered if there were any physical anthropologists out there?:)

Yep, here. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Dr. Astronaut

I used to be!!! I did my undergrad in physical anthropology, and did some field training in forensic anthropology. Applied for my Master's in forensic anthropology as well, but ended up studying medicine instead. Sorry it took me so long, but I only moved here recently :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Cailleachdubh

Yep, I am too. Though I'm also now studying medicine due to the lack of available employment. Actually I know of a few more (former:() archaeologists/osteologists doing the same...

No way!! Where are you studying? Did you work in the field, or just train (I just trained in it)?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Cailleachdubh

Limerick... Are you there too?! Hmm I might know you!

Yeah I worked "in the field" too, har har, as well as the lab environment.

• Advertisement

Oh no, I'm not in Limerick. I'm in Dublin. Are you from Ireland? I'd love to know about the training and the work in physical/forensic anthropology over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 emma1982

I'm currently doing a masters in palaeoanthropology.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

There's now a small physical anthro research page for UCD here:
    http://www.ucd.ie/medicine/aboutus/subjectssections/biomedicalscience/anatomy/researchareas-physicalanthropology/

Not much but it's a start!

Advertisement