Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazing August Meetup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Bruno Teeny Cilantro is coming and bringing some friends too. There's a couple of late spots around there if we wanted to stay on that side of the river as well ;)

all my friends are going to Scotts ??? so i will just come along :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

to go or not to go.....hmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

kingtut wrote: »
    to go or not to go.....hmm
    Well arent you glad you went??:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Well arent you glad you went??:D

Hell yes! Was nice to see you again!!

• Advertisement

I enjoyed it but it went on too long. I would go back though, great sitting-room feel about the place, lol!;)
    And Blitzkreiger thanks for the shot owe you a drink the next time we out!:D

i second that good night made all the better by the company :D still think i rock at draughts might start bringing my own board with me on other outings haha .Blitzkreiger owe you a shot too !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Great to meet you cathinkin and a great night despite having the nightclub to ourselves for most of the night :D

No more shots before draughts though........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Cadyboo wrote: »
    I enjoyed it but it went on too long. I would go back though, great sitting-room feel about the place, lol!;)
    And Blitzkreiger thanks for the shot owe you a drink the next time we out!:D

I'm never having a brain haemorrage again, Blitzkrieger is gonna be so drunk the next time he's out :pac:. I owe him a shot too.
    i second that good night made all the better by the company :D still think i rock at draughts might start bringing my own board with me on other outings haha .Blitzkreiger owe you a shot too !

I had fun too, will you be bringing the rules with you as well. :P:pac:

Me either Mudokon. Wasnt the nicest..
    Oh and it was lovely to meet you Bruno Teeny Cilantro, no doubt we will meet again another night!
    Wont be around this weekend, going to Dublin but have fun if you arrange something, and you def should. Decades festival is fab.
    And actually operation rocked. Dont know if me or kingtut won, but we will say I did!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

Hey allz, im still without net at home, but peeking into boards time to time anyway.
    Whats the plans for this weekend?
    haven´t any plans yet, so i would happily tag along to about anywhere.

Anyone interested of seeing Inception(again) on either friday or saturday in gate cinema? :D And drinks after that, obviously..:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

kart wrote: »
    Hey allz, im still without net at home, but peeking into boards time to time anyway.
    Whats the plans for this weekend?
    haven´t any plans yet, so i would happily tag along to about anywhere.

Anyone interested of seeing Inception(again) on either friday or saturday in gate cinema? :D And drinks after that, obviously..:cool:
    I'd consider going see it the 3rd time! - It's just bloody unreal!

Won't be drinking though. Off home again later that night if I stay around!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

im not sure about the cinema on Friday.. probably unlikely.. im around for drinks though:D

corkcomp wrote: »
    im not sure about the cinema on Friday.. probably unlikely.. im around for drinks though:D

good thing.
    where u r planning to go for fridays drinks?

good thing.
    where u r planning to go for fridays drinks?

dont mind where really! was thinking 80's dance night in the star might be good laugh?

dont mind where really! was thinking 80's dance night in the star might be good laugh?

That sounds pretty awsome :)
    Whats the dresscode? Is there a need to dress as 80`s? What time it starts and where is the place? :rolleyes:

That sounds pretty awsome :)
    Whats the dresscode? Is there a need to dress as 80`s? What time it starts and where is the place? :rolleyes:

star bar out past court house on same side - towards UCC! think bout 9 or 9.30.. im too lazy to log onto FB to check:p hopefully 80's dress is optional.. I dont have any baggy clothes anymore, ive grown into them all:(:pac:

Webmonkey wrote: »
    I'd consider going see it the 3rd time! - It's just bloody unreal!

I'm really not getting why everybody is raving about Inception so much it's a good film but I had no desire to sit through it again in the cinema.

Saturday would be a better night for me as I don't have work the next morning.

mudokon wrote: »
    I'm really not getting why everybody is raving about Inception so much it's a good film but I had no desire to sit through it again in the cinema.

It's my type of movie I guess. Anyways I liked it!

have to say I liked it too.

Im not around Saturday night as per usual:cool:

Kart, i think the dance thing in the star is actually dance thru the 90's.. not 80's.. might still be good though

edit: just spotted on FB there - the 80's night is actually Saturday night, same venue, the star

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I'm moving back to Cork next year. Hope ye'll still have meetups then!

so anyone up for seeing inception in the gate tomorrow night and drinks before or after or both?

so anyone up for seeing inception in the gate tomorrow night and drinks before or after or both?

Im coming. Lets take 8:30 in gate cinema for inception okay?
    I won't make it for drinks before that, but after that i stay for sure.
    Who else is coming?
    I can't check the forums before tomorrow evening aghain, so just post what time we meet outside gate cinema, okay.
    dory wrote: »
    I'm moving back to Cork next year. Hope ye'll still have meetups then!

I'd say meetups are always there... and if for some reason they aren't..then all it takes is to start posting about it again, and theres always someone who wants to tag along and take part of such things:)

Have to copy webmonkeys answer... i guess it's just my kind of movie..
    I will most likely be around in saturday too, whats ur plans?

Let's say 8.15 outside cinema then? I'll go for one or two after if i'm driving and if I'm not I'll go for several, tbd :D :P

Let's say 8.15 outside cinema then? I'll go for one or two after if i'm driving and if I'm not I'll go for several, tbd :D :P

okay 8:15 outside gate, i'll be there..hope more ppl are coming. Webmonkey come for the third time, lol!
    Cya!

I probably will come the 3rd time!

I probably will come the 3rd time!

lol :pac:

Not me :P, I might have come for a drink but you'll be in the cinema by the time I get back into town so it'll be a dvd for me tomorrow. :cool:
    It's my type of movie I guess. Anyways I liked it!
    Have to copy webmonkeys answer... i guess it's just my kind of movie..

I enjoyed it too but I've seen a few posts where people seem to be saying that it's the best film ever which is taking it a bit far imo. Does it make any more sense after watching it more than once?
    I will most likely be around in saturday too, whats ur plans?

I don't really have any plans, I was thinking of going to see The Expendables but that depends on whether I can get out of work early. If I get out early I'll go to watch football & then I won't be in the mood for the cinema.

• Advertisement

Not me :P, I might have come for a drink but you'll be in the cinema by the time I get back into town so it'll be a dvd for me tomorrow. :cool:

I know your prob workin Saturday but sure drop us a text if you fancy a drink around 11 ish:D

edit: gotta love "mombassa"

Advertisement