Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazing August Meetup

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

corkcomp wrote: »
    I know your prob workin Saturday but sure drop us a text if you fancy a drink around 11 ish:D

Thanks but I'll have gone home from work by then and won't be leaving the house again once I do, especially since I have to be up at 6 on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I found it made a bit more sense yeah the 2nd time. There are few interesting things though if you think about it like
    At the end the children are in the same place, same clothes and haven't aged. I don't think he was ever in reality in the film anywhere and it still a dream. The wife may be alive for all we know!

Webmonkey, I responded to your point in the chit chat thread otherwise we'll wreck this one with an inception discussion. :eek::pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Beer garden anyone? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Anybody want to go see the Expendables on Friday? I'm sure it's going to be a quality movie :) I could give people a lift if we went to Mahon point, but of course seeing it in the Gate raises the possibility of drinks before and/or after.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

throw me down as maybe:) if drinks involved i'll try make it:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I might be up for it :) Will know for sure in a day or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

I am also in the "might come if its gonna be in gate plus drinks afterwards"... Will know for sure on friday.
    What time are u thinking of?

I'm guessing it'll be a 9:30 showing. Looks like leaving the car at home could be on the cards again............ :)

I'm guessing it'll be a 9:30 showing. Looks like leaving the car at home could be on the cards again............ :)

yeah i'd say so:D
    Im in.

• Advertisement

I may come along as well, I was already going to ask for Saturday off so I'll be there if I get the time off.

Sounds good :) Count me in for movie and beers!

count me in too! I'll make sure im there:D any thoughts on venue for beers? the star have a free for all bbq on Friday night if anyone fancies some free food?

count me in too! I'll make sure im there:D any thoughts on venue for beers? the star have a free for all bbq on Friday night if anyone fancies some free food?

how do u boardsies like franciscan well? near gate n nice place i think

Some people have difficulty crossing running water :)

I was thinking the Classic myself. It's only down the street and we could probably get the smoking area to ourselves. I don't mind really. The Star might not be a bad venue - as long as I remember not to wear my heels ;)

kart wrote: »
    how do u boardsies like franciscan well? near gate n nice place i think

I like that place a lot :)

Some people have difficulty crossing running water :)

I was thinking the Classic myself. It's only down the street and we could probably get the smoking area to ourselves. I don't mind really. The Star might not be a bad venue - as long as I remember not to wear my heels ;)

Nah, dont leave ur heels at home, lol. We will pick the place that suits u with those:D

So what time we meet outside gate all? 9:15 sounds okay?

kart wrote: »
    So what time we meet outside gate all? 9:15 sounds okay?

I don't think the time has been confirmed for the film yet, Blitzkrieger was just using this weeks times as a quess.

I might just go straight to the pub of choice on Friday.. prob wont be up for looking at a screen after the week so far :D if anyone else not going to movie and wants to meet up earlier let me know

mudokon wrote: »
    I don't think the time has been confirmed for the film yet, Blitzkrieger was just using this weeks times as a quess.

in gate cinema homepage u can also see showtimes in advance. In very top of the movie list u can click for next weeks ones (currently it wud be "Click for showings from 20th August").

2.00 4.30 7.00 9.30PM L/S FRI/SAT @ 11.40PM

Those are the available times for this friday.

• Advertisement

I never look at their website as I get the film times in an email.

I'm out for the cinema Friday, can't get the day off. May have a couple of beers around 9ish if anyone will be out.

I'll be out around 9 or 9.30 probably Mudokon.. I wont be going to Cinema either! Ruby723 hopes to join us for drinks too...

The longer this week gets the more I think I will skip the movie and go right to the beer.

jujibee wrote: »
    The longer this week gets the more I think I will skip the movie and go right to the beer.

I think I decided the same sometime on Tuesday! I just couldnt handle sitting looking at a screen tomorrow night

I'll be out around 9 or 9.30 probably Mudokon.. I wont be going to Cinema either! Ruby723 hopes to join us for drinks too...

Let me know where you'll be heading.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

emoticon-eating-popcorn-MH900437984.jpg

kingtut wrote: »

Pfft. :P
    emot182.gif

mudokon wrote: »
    Pfft. :P
    emot182.gif

haha another highly appropriate caption.. :D