Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Day 7 Selections

Options
  • 01-08-2010 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

After a tough week and the betting bank fuel tank running on empty, I will post my last selections for the week:

14.20: 1 pt e/w Wise Old Owl

Looked to be saving himself with a comfortable 2nd last time out. Shrewd yard and perhaps consolation for Walsh in missing out on Finger on the Pulse. Kilmurray should run well here as well.

14.50: 2pt e/w Jack Cool

Gambled on (fortunate) winner in Killarney for gambling yard, this fellow ran poorly next time out but gets in at the bottom of the handicap. I expect to see money down on this today. Impersonator has to be respected looking for a 3 timer and one for the f/cast.

15.25: 1 pt e/w Dafaroun

Better draw than earlier in the week, the only issue being this fellow likes to come off the pace. I will take a chance as he has run well at Galway before. I will have a win saver on Footprint who should have won earlier in the week only for a poor ride from Berry.

15.55: 3 pts win Truckers Delight

Ran a cracker earlier in the week. I am hoping that race hasnt taken too much out of him. This shorter distance will suit him better and with his course record and shrewd trainer I am confident of win today. Forecast bet with Dancing Hero.

16.25: 1 pt win Endearing

No real view on the race but will stick with Weld to add to the tally for the week.

16.55: 2 pt e/w Prince Chapparal

This fellow caught the eye last time out in the Curragh under a poor ride in a apprentice handicap. With Shanahan on board and drawn well I can see this causing a surprise. Forecast with Spring Hawk who ran very well in Leopardstown to finish 3rd in a blanket finish.

17.25: 1 pt e/w Luna Runner

Won a maiden well in Wexford and with a couple of market principals out, she just might cause a surprise.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

2:20 Galway - Kilmurry - .5pts e/w @ 9/1 (WilliamHill)

Good third to Diophas on debut over fences, that was his first run in 6 months too and he's likely to come on for that. Trip is no bother and from a good yard who should have him primed for this. Grand jockey on board who has won on him before and should get a run to suit. Raced over 2m 4f last time out and steps back 3f which will help, if he jumps well he has a good chance, open to lots of improvement as he has only had 7 career starts. Should be there or thereabouts all going well.

2:50 Galway - Jack Cool - 1pt @ 6/1 (Bet365)

Beaten favourite 12 days ago, didn't travel on the soft ground at all. Gets quick ground here which should suit and has Niall Madden on board which is a great help. Only carries 10st 2lbs which should also help put him in the mix. He was a decent flat horse for Chapple-Hyam and has that perfect mix of speed and stamina. Won nicely in Killarney on debut for Charles Byrnes when collaring his rivals late home and with the amount of front runners here I think he may get a chance to do that again. Big step up but has ability and looks a decent price.

3:25 Galway - Footprint - 1pt @ 11/2 (Ladbrokes)

Would of won the other day but for Fran Berry messing up his chances, was finishing like a train but it was too late. Hasn't won for a year but this jockey knows him well and has won on him before. Drawn soundly for his likely tactics and if the gaps open at the right time he has a serious chance. If there's a good pace it'll suit him perfectly and he seemed to like the track the last day. Quick ground is no problems either

More to come..

x PyRo wrote: »

Good third to Diophas on debut over fences, that was his first run in 6 months too and he's likely to come on for that. Trip is no bother and from a good yard who should have him primed for this. Grand jockey on board who has won on him before and should get a run to suit. Raced over 2m 4f last time out and steps back 3f which will help, if he jumps well he has a good chance, open to lots of improvement as he has only had 7 career starts. Should be there or thereabouts all going well.

Simples. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭deewhy

Great Start - winner and exacta. My saver bet was on Kilmurray which I upped when I saw Kiely's drift.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭winslow

Thanks x PyRo,

I just woke up and the race had started already, jumped up and put a small bet on at 4/1.

Had exacta :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭OneForTheTeam

Ah man only just logged in and have no bets done, looks like i missed the winner.

3:55 Galway - Emmpat - .5pts e/w @ 16/1 (VC)

12 years old now but won 3 of 4 completed Chases last year, loves this quick ground and should strip better for his two runs in the last two months on ground that was too quick and over hurdles which I don't think he's as good over nowadays. This is ideal and has an excellent jockey in Paul Townend on board who has rode him twice and won one impressively this time last year. Back chasing now and looks well overpriced in what doesn't look the toughest of races. The trip is no bother to him and he should go well and hopefully get a place at least.

4:25 Galway - Askeria - 3pts @ 13/8 (WillHill)

Lots of money coming for this one now. Missed the price but having a medium sized bet on it. From a top yard with a good jockey on board, well bred and related to some top class horses. Didn't look hard pushed on debut and although she has had a 3 month break she'll come on better for that and I expect her to win in what looks a weak enough race, bar the Weld horse but that one was beaten by 8 lengths on debut and is opposable. The O'Brien and Harrington horses are exposed and vulnerable to improvers such as my selection who should show enough class to win this if not affected by her break.

4:55 Galway - Prince Chaparral - .5pts e/w @ 17/2 (VC)

Ran on well last time in an apprentice race at the Curragh showing signs of a potential return to form. On a winnable mark and has a good draw. Quick ground is ideal and has won on GF before, lots of pace in the race likely to suit and he could peg them back late on if getting the right luck in running, has ability but has only shown it once in handicaps when third at Gowran Park. Good bit of money going on it now and looks to have a good chance if replicating his maiden win at Roscommon. Still open to improvement with only 9 starts to date, yard are due a winner and still looks value at just over 8/1. Good each way claims if building on most recent performance.

5:25 Galway - Luna Runner - .5pts @ 10/1 (Bet365)

Can't call this race so I'll go for the outsider. Won nicely last time out making all and if she gets her own way up front here she'll be in with a serious shout. Good 5lb claimer who rode Admiral Barry to victory the other day. He was on board her on her only two starts and should know how to get the best out of her. She'll be carrying only 11st 4lbs after the jockeys claim and that should help. Small win bet on what looks a trappy race but she has enough ability to make a mockery of the 10/1 odds.

I had Cinnin Oir originally but took it out due to the draw and the fact of him missing the break last time out and replaced it with Footprint. Typical!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

You picked 3 first three winners as your danger to your selection Deewhy. Sick

3:55 Galway - Emmpat - .5pts e/w @ 16/1 (VC)

3rd. Happy with the place money. Hit around 2/1 in running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

I got 24 euro for 3 ew bet on emmpat on betfair - thanks xpyro :) he was 33/1 on betfair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Had a couple of quid at 6/1 to be placed on betfair - cheers xPyro :)

Big drift on Askeria. Uh-ohs!

Edit : Being backed again. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

i backed Banna man during the week and didnt bother today, ****ing typical.

Askeria was shocking.

Indeed, looked bet a long way out, might chance O Briens in the next, ran well on Friday.

4:55 Galway - Prince Chaparral - .5pts e/w @ 17/2 (VC)

Lovely. :D

Nicely done Pyro, disaster of a day for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Nice pick. Is your final selection a bit of a punt or do you think Luna Runner has a chance?

Bit of both, if she finds some more improvement she's very overpriced. Should have a good chance. Just noticed me and deewhy have three of the same selections, and that one in the last. Hopefully it's a good omen!

• Advertisement

2 winners, 9/1 & 17/2. 16/1 place also.

+6.93pts today.

Over 40pts profit from the 7 days, betting on every race!

Delighted, and this Galway has been a great festival for me! Can't wait until next year. :D

Nice work man, probably the hardest festival to turn a profit in imo.

If it wasn't for Goodwood (Hannon and Hughes in particular) i'd have been raped this week.

Just come in and Price Chapparal has cheered me up no end!! Rest of card sums up the week but cant complain too much. Too many placed runners and not enough winners to turn a big profit for the week.

Forgot to say well done X-Pyro - really good betting in the toughest week of the year. Enjoy your winnings!

Advertisement