Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minor Land Purchase from SDCC

Options
  • 01-08-2010 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Does anyone know anything about buying a small strip of land from SDCC ? What view do they normally take on it ? Would they consider it ?

My house (in a private housing estate) has a 6 foot wall about 1 meter from the side of the house. At the other side of the wall there is a huge green space. I'd like to build an extension to my house and would like to see if SDCC would be willing to sell me a small strip of the green space. My intention if they would is to knock the wall and rebuild it a few meters from the house. Then build an extension on the strip of land I had bought.

Anyone with any knowledge on how these things are seen by the Councils in general ?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement