Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HUGE favour - fuji instax

• 01-08-2010 12:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭

Hey all. My brother's 40th is coming up Saturday night. I'm wondering if anyone would loan me a fuji instax for the night? To make a live photo album as part of a gift. I can't get film for my polaroids in time (or on budget) and AFAIK the instax film is still readily available?

I'm in dublin, and would be eternally grateful to anyone who could help out...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Another option is to try one of the Polaroid Pogo printers? They're essentially the same, a 3x2 sticky backed print, but it'll print straight from your camera.
    They're pretty readily available too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

NakedDex wrote: »
    They're pretty readily available too.

Some of them in boots yesterday, liffey valley. I *think* they were about €35. I hadn't been paying too much attention but did notice that they are inkless apparently.

From what I've read, they some form of colour crystal embedded in the paper, so the printer itself uses no cartridges or ribbons.
    The paper is reasonably inexpensive too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Nice one guys - I'll try that :) doesn't sound *too* expensive...

Just one question - do theyhave a built in flash? Will be low light conditions.

• Advertisement

It's not a Polaroid camera, it's a printer. There is a Pogo camera too, which works in the same way as regular Polaroid cameras.
    The printer connects to your existing camera by USB, so you can use whatever you wish. The paper, I just spotted, is €10 for three ten-packs on Pixmania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

the pogo photo's look awful!

track down an instax!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

sineadw wrote: »
    Hey all. My brother's 40th is coming up Saturday night. I'm wondering if anyone would loan me a fuji instax for the night? To make a live photo album as part of a gift. I can't get film for my polaroids in time (or on budget) and AFAIK the instax film is still readily available?

I'm in dublin, and would be eternally grateful to anyone who could help out...

sineadw, what type of film is it?

would it be this type?

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/8490/img0176sb.jpg

If so I have some here in Dublin 12 if that's any good to you?

It's the camera I need Silverfish. Not easy to find apparently.. Thanks though :) If I get my hands on a camera I'll give you a shout.

Right, so pogo's a printer! Hmmm... that changes things.. Might just bring in the wireless printer and a wifi card. Again, hmmm...

Ah right, I thought it might work in your polaroids, not in the instax.

The pogo is handy for printing, you can print direct from the camera and since the prints are stickers its easy to make a book there and then.

Quality isn't fantastic but it's good enough.

• Advertisement

TBH quality isn't a big concern at all. It's more speed. Will have a looksee on Tuesday.

Feckin impossible project. Damn you and your unuseable photos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Silverfish wrote: »
    sineadw, what type of film is it?

would it be this type?

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/8490/img0176sb.jpg

If so I have some here in Dublin 12 if that's any good to you?

Any sneaky 600 or SX70 in that stash, eh?

:pac:

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Any sneaky 600 or SX70 in that stash, eh?

:pac:

Are you mad, I'm not made of money you know.

As soon as I win the euromillions I'll give you a shout.

I only bought that film are being a little misled on ebay, I'm not even sure what polaroid camera it actually works in, but apparently it works in one I do not have and cannot find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

I only bought that film are being a little misled on ebay, I'm not even sure what polaroid camera it actually works in, but apparently it works in one I do not have and cannot find.

you never got that 104 working ?

you never got that 104 working ?

No, I didn't, and it bounced across the floor yesterday so I doubt I ever will.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Just use ur normal Digi camera as if he would notice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Just use ur normal Digi camera as if he would notice?

but.... but.... but.... polaroid 400 mightn't fit in the SD card slot :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Are you mad, I'm not made of money you know.

As soon as I win the euromillions I'll give you a shout.

would work in my converted polaroid 110b, its peel apart film used in land cameras. Its actually nice stuff for transfers and other stuff. Just look for polaroids on ebay that use 100 type film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

If you're looking to potentially buy the camera, Gunns on Wexford st have Fuji Instax cameras and film in the shop

hopefully have it sorted - pogo printer and 40 sheets for under 40 quid..

Thanks everyone :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

hopefully have it sorted - pogo printer and 40 sheets for under 40 quid..

Sounds like you're sorted... but in the event that you still want an Instax I have both the Instax Mini and Instax 200 and will be in Dublin on Thursday.

Pm sent :)

Advertisement