Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thank goodness for kind people !!

Options
  • 01-08-2010 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭

While walking my dog near the cricket grounds in the Phoenix Park this morning, she stopped to have a sniff. I walked on for only about fifteen paces. When I turned around, she had disappeared. I called and called for about twenty five minutes to no avail. Then I got a call on my mobile from someone saying they had found her. She had been very close to a busy road by this time. I thanked him and after a lot of persuasion he accepted a few bob. I think the dog thought I had taken another track and followed that.

It's amazing how quickly she disappeared. She was only out of my sight for twenty seconds. I think I aged about five years in that twenty five minutes. :D

I know I'm preaching to the converted here, but if she did not have a collar and tag....well.. I hate to think. She is also micro chipped.

Anyway, it restores your faith in humanity when this happens to you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Eibhin

Phew! Obviously a dog lover. That was really decent of him.
    Good outcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Eibhin wrote: »
    Phew! Obviously a dog lover. That was really decent of him.
    Good outcome!

Thanks Eibhin :) Yeah, as it turns out he was driving home after being walking his own dog. Thank goodness it was him and not someone else that found her. I cant get the "what if's" out of my mind today.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

How I wish other dog owners were like you Rigsby! I was out walking my little fella this morning and found the tiniest little JRT puppy, oh God she was fabulous and so tiny that she was able to go under my Westie's belly. I picked her up and gave her a cuddle her heart was thumping. Ran back home with my fella and decided to walk around the estate thinking surely someone would come looking for her. I went home after a while and thought I'd stalk out my front window waiting for searchers - almost an hour passed so I decided to go out again. Met a neighbour who thought they knew where the puppy came from so as I was heading over to the house the owner comes out. They barely thanked me and all they had to say was: oh she's always getting out!!!!!! And then she turned on her heel and went home. I was shocked :eek:

As a fellow dog owner I thought she'd stop have little chat about her little sweet dog but she was completely non-plussed. Now if this tiny little dog is continuously getting out they don't deserve her imo.

Sorry for the rant Rigsby I'm delighted you got your doggie back I can only imagine what must have been going through your mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

How I wish other dog owners were like you Rigsby! I was out walking my little fella this morning and found the tiniest little JRT puppy, oh God she was fabulous and so tiny that she was able to go under my Westie's belly. I picked her up and gave her a cuddle her heart was thumping. Ran back home with my fella and decided to walk around the estate thinking surely someone would come looking for her. I went home after a while and thought I'd stalk out my front window waiting for searchers - almost an hour passed so I decided to go out again. Met a neighbour who thought they knew where the puppy came from so as I was heading over to the house the owner comes out. They barely thanked me and all they had to say was: oh she's always getting out!!!!!! And then she turned on her heel and went home. I was shocked :eek:

As a fellow dog owner I thought she'd stop have little chat about her little sweet dog but she was completely non-plussed. Now if this tiny little dog is continuously getting out they don't deserve her imo.

Sorry for the rant Rigsby I'm delighted you got your doggie back I can only imagine what must have been going through your mind!

I know the feeling you describe. I had a similiar experience a while ago. To make a long story short, I found a dog, rang the number on it's tag and left a message. I kept the dog for three days, then a friend said he thought he knew who the owner was. Went to the house, but no reply. Went next door. This neighbour was "minding" the dog while the owners were on holiday. They were due back next day. That was a year ago. Never heard back from the owners, though my mobile number was on their answering machine. I did not really care, as finding the dog's owners was reward enough for me. A simple thanks, even by text would have been nice though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

Rigsby wrote: »
    Then I got a call on my mobile from someone saying they had found her.

Great to hear you got your dog back.

Lucky you had your mobile number on the dog's tag. Alot of people don't do that - some people only put their home number. Also alot of tags sold only hold a small amount of information.

• Advertisement
Advertisement