Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cow and gate pepti

• 01-08-2010 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Howrya,

My daughter is 6 weeks old and has been put onto pepti first as they think she is allergic to the protein in cows milk. She has taken to the taste ok, but is not taking the botle as quickly as the cow and gate one she was on before she was changed. It can take up to an hour and a half for her to be fed about 4-5 ounces, I think this is because she is not great at getting her wind up on this formula.

A new issue with this milk is she is getting up about 2-3 mouthfuls of clear vomit in most feeds and she still cant settle down after a feed.

We are at our wits end at this stage and if anyone can offer any words of advice we would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I don't think we can offer solutions on this one... another trip to the doctor might be in order... Clear vomit sometimes indicates reflux...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

I still swear by gripe water. Order some online from the uk ( or get someone to post it) and it sorts out getting wind up brilliantly. Another trip to the doc is a very good suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

Have you tried Gaviscon incase she has silent reflux? DS had silent reflux and it took ages to find a solution. We also thought he was intolerant to something in the milk but it was reflux all along. He's medicated now and on special formula and is doing much better.

Advertisement