Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sfdebris rips "Star Trek: Generations" to shreds

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

EnterNow wrote: »
    I was actually really interested in seeing someone picking the film apart, but that false American "humour" is just painful.

I have tears in my eyes from laughing and sore ribs, it's so funny.

The last bit where he compares the 12,000 year old piece of sculpture and fining it again on the crashed bridge ... just threw me over the edge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Furet wrote: »
    that much of Star Trek is just badly conceived, poorly written bilge, happily swallowed by people obsessed with such irrelevancies as the maximum speed of this or that type of ship, etc. .

I've never before watched these reviews, but I was amazed that I agreed with most of his observations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Picard - "I should have done this a long time ago."

Perfect ending IMO.

+1, it showed up Picards complexity, his self imposed isolation for his career ,the personal sacrifices he made as a result and his regret. It was an awesome bookend because at the start of the series everything was really one dimensional but the show ended up being great and Picard became a fictional character of lofty stature.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I thought it was quite amusing. But what would I know? I am one of those ill-bred americans and consequently part of a 300000000 strong hive mind. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Just watched Generations.
    (sorry no time for watching these reviews)

but the one massive issue I have with it is this: Picard and Kirk were in the nexus. They decide no lets go back to Veridian 3 or whatever its called. And then hey presto alakazam they are suddenly back on the planet.

Err.....how????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Just watched Generations.
    (sorry no time for watching these reviews)

but the one massive issue I have with it is this: Picard and Kirk were in the nexus. They decide no lets go back to Veridian 3 or whatever its called. And then hey presto alakazam they are suddenly back on the planet.

Err.....how????

I think the more accepted issue is, if they could go back to anywhere/anywhen...why back to Veridian 3? Why not back while Soran is safely aboard the Enterprise? Confine him to the brig until the Nexus has passed...queue end credits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

EnterNow wrote: »
    I think the more accepted issue is, if they could go back to anywhere/anywhen...why back to Veridian 3? Why not back while Soran is safely aboard the Enterprise? Confine him to the brig until the Nexus has passed...queue end credits.

No no thats easily explained by them being thick.
    The bigger issue is how did they go anywhere

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

A wizard did it...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Kiith wrote: »
    A wizard did it...

the nexus is simply his wizard's sleeve, a long one too...

Advertisement