Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a broadband provider, South City

• 01-08-2010 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hey, just moved into a new place and have been using the O2 stick for a while but looking to get a better setup. I don't play games, so huge speeds are not a worry for me. I just want something reliable that has no download limits to fret over, and are not Eircom.

Thank you.

PS: Dublin South City, off Dame Street

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I'd suggest UPC cable if you can get it. You don't have to get tv with them. They can donbroadband & phone only or just broadband.
    As it's cable Internet, you don't need a phoneline at all. It's delivered through the cable tv wiring.
    Failing that, Magnet and Smart telecom both offer their own DSL service on their own equipment, assuming that your local exchange is "unbundled".

After that I'd actually recommend eircom itself or perhaps UTV etc The only proviso with eircom is their 3 strikes and you're disconnected rule if you download music and are caught by IMRO etc

Only ISP that I have had really bad reports about is Vodafone At Home (DSL) - couldn't recommend them based on poor speed and terrible billing / customs support issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Algernon

Thanks. Are UPC reliable? I hear good things about Magnet, in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

This website is pretty good for giving you an overview of what is on offer:

http://www.getbroadband.ie/default.php

Smart do pretty good deals and their customer service is so much better since they were bought over. If you dont want to get a phoneline in and are looking for something thats not too expensive I can def reccomend the digiweb Metro broadband. Its reliable and saves you having to go get a phone line installed if one isnt already there.

Advertisement