Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

going out in lahinch,ennistymon area

• 01-08-2010 2:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

thinking of staying in hotel in ennistymon,just wondering if its quite town.would it be better to go out in lahinch and if so,are there taxis from lahinch to ennistymon and are they expensive as i think there only few minutes away from each other.the reasoin for stayin in ennistymon is good deal on accommodation where lahinch is more expensive to stay

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

thinking of staying in hotel in ennistymon,just wondering if its quite town.would it be better to go out in lahinch and if so,are there taxis from lahinch to ennistymon and are they expensive as i think there only few minutes away from each other.the reasoin for stayin in ennistymon is good deal on accommodation where lahinch is more expensive to stay
    Lahinch is beside the beach, Ennistymon is not! There's a good few taxi's, here is one:
    Grab-a-Cab – +353 87 318 3702.

Ennistymon Site: http://ennistymon.net/ .
    I don't know if you would call ennistymon a quiet town; the falls bridge up to the hospital (way out of the town) always gets a tail back all the time around now!:mad:

I would say Lahinch gets busy at times, as the same with ennistymon. If you want somewhere quiet and not as so busy, you should stay out of the town or in Kilfenora (10 minutes from Ennistymon). There's very few hotels in Ennistymon, one is the fallshotel. your right, Lahinch is expensive to stay, where ennistymon is not as much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Give a call to Eugenes pub in Ennistymon, nice spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭bannerbhoy

finbarrk wrote: »
    Give a call to Eugenes pub in Ennistymon, nice spot.

Eugene`s is fine,but there`s better "Local" pubs in Ennistymon from my experience if you ask me.

bannerbhoy wrote: »
    Eugene`s is fine,but there`s better "Local" pubs in Ennistymon from my experience if you ask me.

Maybe there is better 'local' pubs, but for a tourist coming in to the town Eugenes would create the best first impressions if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭smallgarden

wasnt very happening in ennistymon midweek but didnt really expect it to be,doolin sdeems to be hoppibg every night of the weeek.eugenes was really quite but nice for chat,colleys had trad music on one of the nights so was much livelier.there was a red pub across the road from them that seeemed to hv good music and younger crowd

• Advertisement

Hope u enjoyed it anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭bannerbhoy

wasnt very happening in ennistymon midweek but didnt really expect it to be,doolin sdeems to be hoppibg every night of the weeek.eugenes was really quite but nice for chat,colleys had trad music on one of the nights so was much livelier.there was a red pub across the road from them that seeemed to hv good music and younger crowd

Dalys I`d imagine is the red pub your on about,Willi Daly(of the Matchmaker fame)owns it but has it leased out at the moment to the best of my knowledge.

Advertisement