Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Courgette leaves dying

Options
  • 01-08-2010 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

I've grown courgettes in containers this year but the yield wasn't as good as last.

The leaves started to turn yellow so I top dressed the containers with well-rotted manure but this didn't really help.

Does anyone know what would have caused this?

I've cut all the yellow stems and leaves off today - will that help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Are they fruiting? If so I wouldn't worry about the yellow leaves as they do start to turn as they are fruiting. However they do need loads of water, especially in pots, as courgettes are mostly water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 JIZ

Yorky wrote: »
    I've grown courgettes in containers this year but the yield wasn't as good as last.

The leaves started to turn yellow so I top dressed the containers with well-rotted manure but this didn't really help.

Does anyone know what would have caused this?

I've cut all the yellow stems and leaves off today - will that help?
    Are they all going yellow or just a few??

Advertisement