Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Silly question re man u game at aviva

• 01-08-2010 3:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, really silly question but want to see what the story is -

Have two tickets for Wednesday's match for me and my boy, just got let down by babysitter and wondering if I brought my 4 year old with me ( without ticket ) would I have hassles if I sat him on my lap - just don't want to be turned away!!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'll mind him for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

I dont think you'll get your four year-old in without a ticket. Just my opinion, mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Not a hope of getting him in without a ticket i'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

I'd say you should have no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I'd ring the Aviva if I were you to get an official answer to it. Asking here isn't going to get you a 100% answer.

Imo though they won't allow it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Well your dealing with the FAI so there is no chance your little boy will be let in without a ticket, but i hope you prove me wrong:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Not a hope of getting away with that I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,525 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

SantryRed wrote: »
    I'll mind him for you

:confused:

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Not a chance I'm afraid, ring them up and hope for the best, it will be FAI people doing the turnstiles rather than the volunteers at LOI grounds. I'd say you would have no prob getting your 4 yr old into a LOI match like that, but the FAI people probably wont oblige.

nullzero wrote: »
    :confused:

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,446 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Id say you have no chance. It's a health and safety issue, each person in the ground must have a seat.

I have brought my kids to Croke Park for GAA games when they were as young as 6 months and they had to have tickets, I doubt the Fai or the Aviva stadium managers whould have a different policy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Ring up the Aviva. Explain your situation and at least you'll know the answer worst case scenario.

Id say you have no chance. It's a health and safety issue, each person in the ground must have a seat.

I have brought my kids to Croke Park for GAA games when they were as young as 6 months and they had to have tickets, I doubt the Fai or the Aviva stadium managers whould have a different policy

If you paid for your 6 month old child into a GAA match, either you are not cute enough or you are too honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Hi lads, really silly question but want to see what the story is -

Have two tickets for Wednesday's match for me and my boy, just got let down by babysitter and wondering if I brought my 4 year old with me ( without ticket ) would I have hassles if I sat him on my lap - just don't want to be turned away!!

Thanks in advance

Cant see it happening to be honest! Otherwise it will catch on and you will have a load of 20 year olds sittin on their mates laps to get in for free!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

Not a chance. Check back of ticket it might have some T&C's which might mention childs ages etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

If you paid for your 6 month old child into a GAA match, either you are not cute enough or you are too honest.

What would you suggest? Smuggling the baby in under your coat?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    What would you suggest? Smuggling the baby in under your coat?

When im smuggling babies in places I usually go the backpack route ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,525 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

;)
    :eek:

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    :eek:

Before anyone accuses me it was a joke :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Before anyone accuses me it was a joke :)

A dirty one!:pac:

OP, surprise us all, get him in without a ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Cheers for the replies fellas, and Santry Red you can't go back on your offer - I'll drop him out about 7 lol

And you're being samrt. it was Croke Park he said. yOu could get away with it i suppose at most other small grounds but not at Croker if it's an all ticket match.

And you're being samrt. it was Croke Park he said. yOu could get away with it i suppose at most other small grounds but not at Croker if it's an all ticket match.

I was not being samrt.

I was not being samrt.

Oops. I'm obv not very samrt either.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I'd say you should have no problem.

Would not be wise to listen to this dude.

No chance of getting a child into Croker without a ticket these days. Highly unlikely that the Aviva stadium guys will be any more lenient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Carlos_Ray

I wouldn't say you'd be allowed. There are safety regulations, insurance issues etc. If everybody started bringing their children for free you can imagine the problems that would cause.

Advertisement