Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I still have school books, what to do with them?

• 01-08-2010 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Does anyone know if bookshops in Dublin are still taking in school books as I dont want to get the bus up lugging around books to be told no, and I have tried my local bookshops and they told me to feck off, basically.

Or has anyone used a website such as School Book Exchange to sell theirs?

PS if any future fifth/sixth years need some books, message me:p
    I have art history,irish O, Maths revise +shortcut to success, and spanish, in good condition cos of the fact they were never used............................

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

The only correct answer is "incinerate them".

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

i tried going to different bookshops in dundrum and stillorgan and I have given them some books for 2nd hand but I have few more books which they told me are old version so they cant take,they are clean from the inside its just that the version is old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

gave half of them to fifth yr friends, the rest... im clueless :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

I think the little game/bookshop on talbot street, basically opposite supervalue near Connolly station will buy them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Your old school may take them back to distribute to students.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Your old school may take them back to distribute to students.

Absolutely. There are always families needing help getting books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

If you just want to get rid of them you can offer them for free on Jumbletown.ie. Lots of people there would be interested in recent schoolbooks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Ciaramb92

PS if any future fifth/sixth years need some books, message me:p
    I have art history,irish O, Maths revise +shortcut to success, and spanish, in good condition cos of the fact they were never used............................[/SIZE]

If they're Higher Level Maths I'd like them?!

Advertisement